I have a Vox DA5, and I really like the sound of it, just is there any sort of speaker I could hook up to it to make it louder (Like 20-30W, it's 5W right now) If so, any suggestions? I'm looking for something in the low $100 price range. Thanks!
A speaker that has a higher effieciency than what you are using right now will make it louder. This is measured in dB/meter/watt, but are usually just stated in dB. 106dB is a very effecient speaker and would be really loud compared to an 86dB speaker. It might be hard finding a decent 6.5" inch speaker though.
Last edited by end_citizen at Oct 25, 2008,
What about the cabinet for the Epiphone Valve Jr.? Would that make a difference?
if you want an increase in volume, get a higher wattage amp...
hooking up an amp to more speakers doesn't increase the volume by much.
Not much your going to be able to do to make it louder. Its meant to run on batteries so if you want louder get a bigger amp. Its going to be really hard if not impossible to find GOOD 6.5 speaker. Just not a size most speaker companies are going to put any serious effort into. I was looking for a more efficient better 8" speaker for one of my amps just isnt much to chose from.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, if hook up an Epiphone Valve Jr. cabinet (which has a 12" speaker) to my Vox, will it almost double the volume?
Quote by Ethalopian
So, correct me if I'm wrong, if hook up an Epiphone Valve Jr. cabinet (which has a 12" speaker) to my Vox, will it almost double the volume?

No. It'll probably only BARELY increase the volume. Like everyone has said, you need higher wattage. That amp will never be very loud.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
^Yup, that speaker in there is probably already pretty efficient.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
A 5 watt amp puts out 5 watts thru a 6 inch speaker or a 12 inch speaker. Theres no magic doubling effect be nice if there was.