This piece needs some drums.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I liked the general idea. It's got some good riffs and rhythm, I can definitely feel the Sikth influence (couldn't feel the ATDI quite as much). But the same chord chugging pattern is a little repetitive. I'd say mix it up with a bit more riffage, a little less of the chords, but definitely keep some of it; I definitely liked the very weird chord "harmonizations". The slap bass the whole way through, while it worked at times, didn't fit all the parts, so (this might be easier said than done in tux or PT, I haven't written in either so I wouldn't know) just switching the bass track at a few points could work.
Actium
Prog-metal/post-rock straight from the mountains of Colorado.
FFO: Intronaut, The Contortionist, Explosions in the Sky

Our first EP benefitting wildfire relief in Colorado is now free on Bandcamp! Dig it.
Quote by TheJManSays
I liked the general idea. It's got some good riffs and rhythm, I can definitely feel the Sikth influence (couldn't feel the ATDI quite as much). But the same chord chugging pattern is a little repetitive. I'd say mix it up with a bit more riffage, a little less of the chords, but definitely keep some of it; I definitely liked the very weird chord "harmonizations". The slap bass the whole way through, while it worked at times, didn't fit all the parts, so (this might be easier said than done in tux or PT, I haven't written in either so I wouldn't know) just switching the bass track at a few points could work.

I kinda messed up on the ATDI. I wanted to make the chorus parts more towards that end, but I screwed it up.

[Bolded part of the quote] Are you refering to the chugging power chords before the solo?
If so, I do agree that it's a little excessive.
And the chugging during the solo as well.

I kinda want to change it, but I'm not sure.
Either that, or I'll just have 2 different verisons of it.
Quote by huevos
Yeah, I stated that in my post.

I originally had this on Powertab and just transferred it.
It's a pretty old one too (from back in Feburary).

I'll add drums soon enough (in like a week or so).

Sorry, didn't see that.

Looking forward to it though.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
that was really boring tbh, also the random chromatics werent implemented well, like when sikth does dissonant riffs they are catchy, ie the ****ed up tapping riff in bland street bloom, this on the other just sounded bad. maybe drums will help it, but the whole song just seemed to keep repeating and chugging.

Edit: bit from 81 onwards was much better and actually interesting
Quote by ch715dallat
that was really boring tbh, also the random chromatics werent implemented well, like when sikth does dissonant riffs they are catchy, ie the ****ed up tapping riff in bland street bloom, this on the other just sounded bad. maybe drums will help it, but the whole song just seemed to keep repeating and chugging.

Edit: bit from 81 onwards was much better and actually interesting

This is just like my O-MD (Octotonic_MathDeath) song; it was one of the first songs I wrote.
I looked over this piece and realized that the chugging is a little heavy-hand.
I'm thinking of adding another guitar line...screw it. I'm gunna revamp this song. The main riffing and that breakdown before the solo will stay, but everything else will be either removed or changed.

Well, I'm thinking about having 2 or 3 versions of this song. It's one of my favorites due to it being short and concise.