I'm looking for a guitar around 200-300$ it'll be my first electric 6 string, I'm mainly a bass player.

I'm looking for a guitar thats good for punk and metal.

I don't have to buy an amp, my buddy is lending me his 20 watt crate, for a few weeks till I get a few more paychecks then I'm buying a Fender Frontman 210

Any suggestions?
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
look ibanez, esp or schecter....
also why are you buying a Fender Frontman 210 if you want to play metal?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Well, good for punk would be a Fender Stratocaster, or Telecaster. And the Tele can be metal too, as John 5, Jim Root and Deryck Whibley (Just for Chuck, but still) prove.

Get a Telecaster.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Well, good for punk would be a Fender Stratocaster, or Telecaster. And the Tele can be metal too, as John 5, Jim Root and Deryck Whibley (Just for Chuck, but still) prove.

Get a Telecaster.

but if you want to play metal on a telecaster.... they have to be set up for metal... example Jim Root does play a tele... but it has 2 EMG active pickups, a different neck and bridge than a standard telecaster.....

this if you want to play metal on a tele.... it will cost you much more than 300 bucks
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
but if you want to play metal on a telecaster.... they have to be set up for metal... example Jim Root does play a tele... but it has 2 EMG active pickups, a different neck and bridge than a standard telecaster.....

this if you want to play metal on a tele.... it will cost you much more than 300 bucks

What about Deryck Whibley? He didn't change his Tele a bit from Does This Look Infected? to Chuck, and it played metal fine.
And, what about John 5? He uses DiMarzio, and those aren't for teh br00talz, IIRC.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
What about Deryck Whibley? He didn't change his Tele a bit from Does This Look Infected? to Chuck, and it played metal fine.
And, what about John 5? He uses DiMarzio, and those aren't for teh br00talz, IIRC.

yeah... you can play metal or any style of music.... on any type of guitar....
but some just aren't suiting for certain styles....

sure you can modify any guitar to make it play metal.... but it will cost more money... and if you are going to wast the time to change the pickups you might as well get a different guitar....

and yeah John 5 and Deryck use Teles too.... buy they also upgraded the pickups. so get an ibanez esp or schecter.
Total Failure

I Really like the tone on Fender Frontmans, I was using my friends yesterday, hes TOTAL punka dn ehs got a strat, it sounds really nice, but when i was trying to play metal on it, it sounded ok but not the best, but hes also just got a squire strat, but I do really like ibanez basses so I'll definately look into one
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Oh and John 5 is one of my favourite guitarists, I was gunna buy his fender even when I didn't play guitar, just for collections sake, just LOVE manson
Quote by I.O.T.M
I recommend an Ibanez RG 321, best guitar in that price range imo, should be about 280$. It's made for higher gain applications, so it's just right for punk and metal.

And do yourself a favour and avoid Fender Frontman amps, you WILL hate them after some time. There are plenty of good amps for beginners, I guess we can talk about that once you've got a guitar and some amp-money.
Quote by TheQuailman
I recommend an Ibanez RG 321, best guitar in that price range imo, should be about 280$. It's made for higher gain applications, so it's just right for punk and metal.

And do yourself a favour and avoid Fender Frontman amps, you WILL hate them after some time. There are plenty of good amps for beginners, I guess we can talk about that once you've got a guitar and some amp-money.

I couldn't have said it better myself......
Total Failure

Quote by TheQuailman

I don't wanna get a beginner amp though, I want an expensive one so when friends come over they don't have to lug there big amps over cuz otherwise my bass amp murders them...400 watts xD
Quote by I.O.T.M
well if you are going to buy a huge expensive amp? why only spend 300 bucks on a guitar?
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
well if you are going to buy a huge expensive amp? why only spend 300 bucks on a guitar?

1) amp is 90% of guitar's tone
2) read his post he said he doesn't want his friends to have to bring their own amps over
3) I just have a third step because 2 reasons don't sound like enough.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by TheQuailman

+1

How much you gonna spend on an amp anyway? More Watts <> Better Tone