Im looking to get into animation, im not like a flash fan so im thinking about doing it all by hand and just using my camera as a scanner to capture what I draw

anyway im looking for some good sites or books on getting started, im looking to nail a style similar to Don Hertzfeldt's, any help would be greatly appreciated
( ) /( )\
- l - = l =
/ \ /_\

Edit: It's not aligned.
Damn it.
Oh well
It was a graveyard smash.
It takes soo so long to do it by hand!
At the end of the animation project i had to do i never wanted to pick up a pencil again....then i had to colour all the frames...*shudders*
Quote by dartmaster
It takes soo so long to do it by hand!
At the end of the animation project i had to do i never wanted to pick up a pencil again....then i had to colour all the frames...*shudders*

can we see what you did?
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
can we see what you did?

No, its all in college and i didn't even finish recording it all after
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I know of a fantastical book for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Animators-Survival-Kit-Principles-Classical/dp/0571212689

Ive been meaning to buy it for myself. Are you planning on going into traditional animation or computer?

perfect! exactly what I was looking for,

im not sure, do you do any animation yourself?
Quote by tands
perfect! exactly what I was looking for,

im not sure, do you do any animation yourself?

I do a lot of digital art and mixed media traditional, no animating. Ive always wanted to get a job with disney or pixar in character design though.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I do a lot of digital art and mixed media traditional, no animating. Ive always wanted to get a job with disney or pixar in character design though.

thats awesome, you got a deviantart account or anything?
Quote by tands
thats awesome, you got a deviantart account or anything?

Actually, I do. Cartooning pretty much, you'll be able to tell why I would like to work with disney.
http://awakenthesoulofrock.deviantart.com/
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝