I misread the other topic about cabs as 'cables' and now i'm making my own.

I'm going to get some new cables soon, one of them is going to be like 30 ft. Livewire I think. I've always used straight cables but it seems to put more strain on the contact point. Should I just go with angled cables? is there a downside to this?
Whatever works for you, this is one of those things you really have to answer for yourself.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Angled jacks aren't too suited for the stratocaster style inputs, but for gibsons les paul/sg they are good.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Angled jacks aren't too suited for the stratocaster style inputs, but for gibsons les paul/sg they are good.

How are they not suited for strat style? You take the cable from behind you, through the strap, and angle it so it goes upwards and behind you.

This is in live situations btw
They are useable, don't get me wrong, but i'd personally say straight ones look and feel neater.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Frankly i like cables that have one end straight, and the other angled. But that's because when i play guitar, usually sitting down, a straight cable will be crushed on my leg, and the wires will come loose, and i have to spend more cash on another cable. But i guess it depends on whether you have your output jack coming out the side of your guitar or the bottom. But i think at least one end should be straight for the amp
Because given the position and angle of a Strat's input jack, it makes a lot more sense and would be a lot less awkward to use a straight jack cable than a 90-degree angle one?
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Angled for me. I have a small, very small space for my FX board so I use the angled so it fits :P.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
Quote by dbzrage3k
Because given the position and angle of a Strat's input jack, it makes a lot more sense and would be a lot less awkward to use a straight jack cable than a 90-degree angle one?

When sitting down, i can see that. But when you're standing up and the able is being tucked between your strap(so it doesn't get wiggled loose), then the straight cable would have to be turned 180 degrees. The angled one would just go right in..
I'd go for angled if I had an SG. Other than that, straight would be better.
UG's AC/DC Lover