I need a good metal recording software for amateurs. i can't get garage band, don't have a mac. :\ and thoughts?
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Audacity is DECENT and free.

this, and anyone who says it isn't decent can fuc--.... politely leave
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Audacity works and is free, and that automatically makes it better than Garage Band (which is just a step up from crap in my opinion).

Macs are overrated. PCs do everything just as well. Don't believe the hype.

Use Audacity for now, and when you want to get something more pro, go get Adobe Audition and a Presonus FP10 or Firebox. You will need little else.
Equipment:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Fender Standard Telecaster
Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster
Guild D-40 Richie Havens Signature Model
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Quote by LordArbiter
Audacity works and is free, and that automatically makes it better than Garage Band (which is just a step up from crap in my opinion).

Macs are overrated. PCs do everything just as well. Don't believe the hype.

Use Audacity for now, and when you want to get something more pro, go get Adobe Audition and a Presonus FP10 or Firebox. You will need little else.

This is the best advices .Acoustica Mixcraft is pretty good software to
I'd go with Reaper. Free demo, $40 licence, a LOT more features than Audacity and will help you learn more about recording and mixing processes.
There is poetry in despair.
+1 for Reaper

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.