hey i got a yamaha pacifica something...(looks like a strat) right now and i dont really like it..
so im planning on buying a new electric and the price range i can afford is around 700~800 dollars
what should i get? i like to LISTEN to metal,heavy rock,nu metal... but i cant PLAY it...
yeah and models i was looking at epiphone g-400 looked pretty cool but dunno about anything else.
go to the store and try out everything, then find something you like and get it
get an LTD. with a Floyd Rose. and EMGs. and your set.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
dont go epohpone.

if you like that sound of metal though, try a few of these:

Ibanez
ESP
Schecter
Jackson

These MAY have more of the sound you are looking for. also though, go to the store, and try them out.
Jackson guitars, or ESP. Some off of the top of my head are the Jackson DK2, DKMG, or the ESP LTD EC Deluxe.
Be cool.
g-400 is a little cheap try some ltds jackson maybe ibanez (im not a huge fan of them though)
edit: try these two
hardtail:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC500-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512885
floyd:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588
i have the jackson and its an amazing guitar
edit2: saw ur budget agian just look around at some ltds and jacksons in the range the ec-1000 with seymours is what i would go for.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Oct 25, 2008,
Wait, what country are your in? What's your budget's currency? Your amp also has a bigger effect on your tone than your guitar, so what's that? We need to know this stuff before we can make good recommendations...

For now, though, Schecters are generally good for the money, as well are the not bottom-of-the-line ESP's. Epiphones are decent, but I personally think the g-400's pickups are very muddy (and I'm a big fan of SG's, too.)
I started out with an epiphone les paul custom and played it for three years. I've been playing an epiphone les paul prophecy ex for the last two months and I'm pretty happy with it. The prophecy isn't the best guitar in the world but I like the emg pickups and the satin neck is really good for playing fast. I didn't have access to a good guitar store so I bought it because I was used to playing my old les paul and wanted an upgrade. I have no idea if I would prefer another guitar because I haven't played any others. I highly recommend playing as many guitars as possible before purchasing one!!! The prophecy is a good guitar for metal but that is just my personal opinion.
I also forgot to mention, If you haven't played metal then you might not necessarily know what you want in a guitar yet. Make sure the guitar has a fast neck though, I can't stress that enough.
Quote by inelms
I started out with an epiphone les paul custom and played it for three years. I've been playing an epiphone les paul prophecy ex for the last two months and I'm pretty happy with it. The prophecy isn't the best guitar in the world but I like the emg pickups and the satin neck is really good for playing fast. I didn't have access to a good guitar store so I bought it because I was used to playing my old les paul and wanted an upgrade. I have no idea if I would prefer another guitar because I haven't played any others. I highly recommend playing as many guitars as possible before purchasing one!!! The prophecy is a good guitar for metal but that is just my personal opinion.

Also, EMG's aren't for everyone. Epiphone also has a model with Gibson Dirty Fingers passive pups (it's red, don't know the name, probably GX though). They both seem like good guitars, if not overpriced a little now that Epiphone raised their prices...