So next on my list is an overdrive. I've been looking at the Boss OD-3 and SD-1 pedals, and I like both of the tones, but I can't decide. I've also looked at the standard Tube Screamers, but a friend of mine who plays similar music to myself said that those tend to boost the midrange, which, considering the hollowbodies we play most with, is a bad thing.

I'm looking to play psychobilly to classic rock, surf to hard rock, etc., just covering all the bases. However, I don't want a pedal so versatile it does nothing greatly, so I guess the main thing I'm looking for are the four listed above.

I have two tube amps, a 1977 Peavey Backstage 30 30w and a 1985 Gorilla GG-80 150w, as well as a little solid-state Crate practice amp.

If you want to know more, there's always the profile.

Thanks!
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
I'm not sure if those are tube amps, but I wouldn't run an overdrive with a solid state amp.

I don't know what you're on about with the mids, but all those genres have tons of mids so I don't see why that would be a problem.

The ts808 is a great standby but if you've got the cash the fulldrive 2 is absolutely amazing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah, OD pedals are really meant for tube amps.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
What I was on about with the mids was that when I play psychobilly I generally use the same EQ as my rockabilly, but with the iffy amp drive. I got the EQ from an old magazine interview with Brian Setzer, and it has highs nearly full, bass at about 5 or 6, and mids at 2-4.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Oct 25, 2008,
New amp time?
+2 goolz

AC30 or 15 FTW!!!!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
New amp.

Psychobilly, maybe look at the boss super overdrive, does the job from stray cats to nekromantix with my deville.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I have been wanting a new amp for a while, but I have $5 right now, and come Christmas I'll probably have around $70, tops. I was looking at the Hot Rod Blues Juniors and the Vox amps above, but I somehow doubt I will be getting A) enough money in the near future, and B) I will be getting an amp as a gift. My hollowbody last year was a bit of a stretch as it is (was?).

EDIT:

As a side note, anything over $500-$600 at this point is a pipe dream.
Quote by Pauldapro
If you don't need uber clean cleans I'd look at the ac15 and the blues jr, but not the hot rod version, get the base version and if you think it needs it swap the speaker yourself.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Chris_Parker
I have been wanting a new amp for a while, but I have $5 right now, and come Christmas I'll probably have around $70, tops. I was looking at the Hot Rod Blues Juniors and the Vox amps above, but I somehow doubt I will be getting A) enough money in the near future, and B) I will be getting an amp as a gift. My hollowbody last year was a bit of a stretch as it is (was?).

EDIT:

As a side note, anything over $500-$600 at this point is a pipe dream.

I got my deville for 450... go used.

craigslist ftw.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
ac 15 for like 400 used pretty easily
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by l3p4rd
nice find, gonna be TERRIBLE for bedroom though, will sound like mud.

at drummer volume, terrific though.

Oh and look at some maxon OD's, true bypass.

Meh, I disagree. Twins sound pretty decent at low volumes, seeing as they have enough headroom to kill a bull moose anyway.
I'm just bummed it's $600, even though it's a hell of a steal. Sucks that the guy's selling to make rent, too. I just don't know if it's still too much.
Quote by Pauldapro
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/887769327.html

Traynor YCV40. Price looks good, about to look for some demos on YouTube or something.

So since this has turned into a new amp thread, which would be best for the price range of $300 - $600?
Quote by Pauldapro
Crate V50
Used AC15, ftw.

Edit: holy mother, look what i found. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936463

Double Edit: I forgot that you don't have that much money......sorry for getting carried away.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
Used AC15, ftw.

Edit: holy mother, look what i found. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936463

Double Edit: I forgot that you don't have that much money......sorry for getting carried away.

That's not much more than the Traynor I found, actually.
Quote by Pauldapro