Ok, I dont know about anyone else, but I think that the Gibbi Les Paul Custom is a serious rip off - a guitar that costs 2000GBP and doesn't have (or have the option of) strap locks, locking tuners, seymour duncan/ emgs/ dimarzio's/ another pickup of your choice, many colours, a molded heel, hardware colour, neck shape etc.

Now to me, a guitar that costs as much as this and has the name Custom should be basically a blank shell that you hand specify everything on when you buy it, or at least have lots of different options to choose from, but apparently not, so . . . with the same budget - what would you do?
you figure this out now the only thing with the custom is you get that classic les paul tone and when your a famous tourning musician you dont care about the value so much because you can easily afford it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
that's what i've been thinking - i mean i like les pauls - the look, the sound and the feel, and i don't much like counterfeiting, but i'd rather chew on one of my own testicles to pay over the odds for a guitar company that just wants as much money for as little work as possible.

my mates just got an esp horizon nt 2 - and thats fantastic, 800GBP less, its a neck through, has a sculpted heel, locking tuners, quilt maple, and 2 duncans - you also get the option of a floyd rose version if ur into that. I dont like the look as much, but its just as good a guitar, if not better, and they dont want to bum rape me when i pay
heres a thought....if you dont like it
dont buy one. (I know, I know, novel idea)
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by CobenBlack
that's what i've been thinking - i mean i like les pauls - the look, the sound and the feel, and i don't much like counterfeiting, but i'd rather chew on one of my own testicles to pay over the odds for a guitar company that just wants as much money for as little work as possible.

NEWS FLASH

That's every guitar maker. Gibson are not very different from ESP or Jackson or Ibanez, it's just that they have a history to market in addition to a guitar. The Gibson Les Paul Custom - hell, Gibsons in general - are sorely overpriced based solely upon it's tangible value. Just like PRS, Fender, and Gretsch, they have a brand name association to fall back on.

If you want the best guitar for the money, get a custom made guitar.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 25, 2008,
A guitar made by an unknown luthier will probably cost less and will be of better quality than almost any other high-priced guitars.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CobenBlack
Ok, I dont know about anyone else, but I think that the Gibbi Les Paul Custom is a serious rip off - a guitar that costs 2000GBP and doesn't have (or have the option of) strap locks, locking tuners, seymour duncan/ emgs/ dimarzio's/ another pickup of your choice, many colours, a molded heel, hardware colour, neck shape etc.

Now to me, a guitar that costs as much as this and has the name Custom should be basically a blank shell that you hand specify everything on when you buy it, or at least have lots of different options to choose from, but apparently not, so . . . with the same budget - what would you do?

Boo hoo, a Gibson is expensive. Why is there even a thread about this?
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Boo hoo, a Gibson is expensive. Why is there even a thread about this?

+1...this is just a whine

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I can see his point...I'd rather it not be called a Custom if it isn't rly a custom...but w/e...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!