This really embarrasses me, because I'm such a newb, but I never exactly understood what the action was on a guitar. Can someone define it?
Yes, I'm a newb.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
Action is the height of the strings above the fretboard. Don't worry bout it, you'd be surprised how many guys who've played for a while don't know.
Dont feel bad, man. My friend didnt know how to string his guitar, and he's been playing for almost a year now. I mean, he seriously didnt know that the tuning post had a hole in it, that you needed slack on the string so it would wind nicely, and also that the pegs would turn the post.
So yeah. You're not that newbish, just a little uninformed. Most beginner guitar books give good information on basics like action, tuning, etc. They are a good investment, and usually dont cost too much.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Dont feel bad, man. My friend didnt know how to string his guitar, and he's been playing for almost a year now. I mean, he seriously didnt know that the tuning post had a hole in it, that you needed slack on the string so it would wind nicely, and also that the pegs would turn the post.
So yeah. You're not that newbish, just a little uninformed. Most beginner guitar books give good information on basics like action, tuning, etc. They are a good investment, and usually dont cost too much.

Hehe, I think it's about time I learn't how to restring my guitar. I've been playing about 1 year and 2 months or so and I have never actually seen how they do it ^_^; actually there's a lot about the guitar I don't know except how to play it (At least to a player of 1 year and 2 months' experience hehe)
^ Thats pretty much my friend
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300