the last time John Cleese was relevant, they played footbal in leather helmets.

edit: "this is the Dick Cheney version of creativity, otherwise known as doing exactly what youre told."

does he even understand who Dick Cheney is? thats really uninformed.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by Zugunruhe

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Zugunruhe

dont get upset little buddy, it was a fair critique of the sport.
"American football, as they call it"
No, we call it "football" not "American football"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Zugunruhe

edit: "this is the Dick Cheney version of creativity, otherwise known as doing exactly what youre told."

does he even understand who Dick Cheney is? thats really uninformed.

Very true on both points.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Tw8xy
dont get upset little buddy, it was a fair critique of the sport.

by someone who doesnt understand it...
I have no opinion on this matter.
lol @ me watching a football game and that at the same time.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
dont get me wrong i like american football but it is quite funny.
I thought for u brits and everyone else it was spelled Futbol?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
man this was offensive to me.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
honestly i thought it was stupid.

way to go for an old British comedian to point out the complete obvious in hopes for a laugh.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Yeah, he really had no idea whatsoever what he was talking about.

There's way more creativity in American football than in soccer. You have to strategize and plan everything to the last detail, whereas in soccer it's just repetitive pass from center to forward, forward to center, center back to forward, forward back to center. If you're lucky you get to see one, maybe two scores in an hour! Gee whiz! How great!

I don't really have anything against soccer, it's fun to play, can sometimes be entertaining to watch. It's not really my cup of tea, but I can see other people enjoying it. I don't get why some people have to be such douches about allowing other people to enjoy American football. It's all personal preference.
Quote by Mockstairwell
man this was offensive to me.

what you mean like a shotgun hail mary?
I love football and occasionally watch American football. That was funny, John Cleese is nearly always funny.
Quote by Trefellin
I love football and occasionally watch American football. That was funny, John Cleese is nearly always funny.

yeah apart from those shit bond movies
Quote by merfsullivan

There's way more creativity in American football than in soccer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_7fKzasYjA

There's much better than that but I can't be arsed to go find it.

Quote by Tw8xy
yeah apart from those shit bond movies

I don't really watch those, they are horrifically bad.
Uh-oh, another football vs. football thread, duck and cover! To apperciate American football, you have to grow up with it.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Karvid
"American football, as they call it"
No, we call it "football" not "American football"
The way he said it was "American 'football', as they call it". "As the call it" only referred to 'football'. He changed his tone of voice to suggest as much.
Quote by merfsullivan
Yeah, he really had no idea whatsoever what he was talking about.

There's way more creativity in American football than in soccer. You have to strategize and plan everything to the last detail, whereas in soccer it's just repetitive pass from center to forward, forward to center, center back to forward, forward back to center. If you're lucky you get to see one, maybe two scores in an hour! Gee whiz! How great!

I don't really have anything against soccer, it's fun to play, can sometimes be entertaining to watch. It's not really my cup of tea, but I can see other people enjoying it. I don't get why some people have to be such douches about allowing other people to enjoy American football. It's all personal preference.

I disagree with you. Hugely.

I grew up with American Football and spent about 6 years in Spain with regular football.
Believe me, there is a lot more creativity in Football than in American football.
You have to think on your feet, there is no real time for developing a plan. But that does not mean that there is no strategizing or no planning whatsoever. Strategies and plans exist in football, in fact, they are a huge part of football, but you also have to wait for the right opportunity to arise to implement these plans and startegies.

And not only that, I have found that the average European "soccer" fan enjoys soccer infinitely more than the average American "football" fan enjoys "football".
Quote by Seryaph

I grew up with American Football and spent about 6 years in Spain with regular football.
Believe me, there is a lot more creativity in Football than in American football.
You have to think on your feet, there is no real time for developing a plan. But that does not mean that there is no strategizing or no planning whatsoever. Strategies and plans exist in football, in fact, they are a huge part of football, but you also have to wait for the right opportunity to arise to implement these plans and startegies.

And not only that, I have found that the average European "soccer" fan enjoys soccer infinitely more than the average American "football" fan enjoys "football".

i think we are fortunate because we have football and rugby and american football, mos americans dont realise these other sports exist.
Quote by Seryaph

+1

What he says about it being pushed on people because of the opportunity for maximum advertising potential is right too.
he is right about the football being a game where you use your feet to kick a ball.
why would you even think to use your hands
Quote by Tw8xy
i think we are fortunate because we have football and rugby and american football, mos americans dont realise these other sports exist.

Most Americans know of these sports.

Eh, I didn't find the video too funny because I'm more of a [American] Football fan. That guy didn't really seem to know too much of [American] Football either. Then again I could be completely wrong, it just seemed as though he didn't. He also tried to get a laugh out of a sport by repeating points many other people have said before and, to me, it's become very overdone and pretty annoying. Think of something different and then maybe it'll be funnier next time.

As for the sports debate, both of them have their moments, who really cares if someone thinks one sport is better than another? If some people like a sport more than another, does it truly make it better? No. I mean, I like [American] Football better than soccer, futbol, football (That should cover how most people here refer to that game) but that doesn't mean [American] Football is better. It means I like it more. Just let people watch or play whatever they want.

Edit: He is right about the advertisements though. I hate how they have all the ads and crap, that gets annoying after awhile. (One of the only exceptions is the Super Bowl, other than that, it's annoying)
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
I thought it was brilliant

I've got nothing against American Football but you can't argue that what he's saying is logically incorrect.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Friendly Stoat
I thought it was brilliant

I've got nothing against American Football but you can't argue that what he's saying is logically incorrect.

what?
Quote by Tw8xy
what?

In other words, I agree with his logic. Sorry for the confusing wording
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
John Cleese > The world.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I don't understand why everybody has to argue over this. They're both totally different sports that shouldn't be compared to each other. It's like trying to compare an apple to a motorcycle. It just doesn't work.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?