Okay, so I'm stuck on this solo... its a real bluesy song, the chord progression under the solo is: Em, Am, Em, Am, Em, Bm, Am, Em. Each chord is 4 bars long... I've got a solo written for the first 2 chords, and I'm having trouble figuring something out for the rest.. Anyway, advice would be nice!

Also, my playing is mostly influenced by Guns N Roses, Aerosmith, and Rolling Stones...
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Please utilize the links in my sig and Freepower's sig.

Edit: You'll probably find that changing those Bm chords to B7 makes your song sound much better.
Just improvise on E-minor. If you want some advice on following the chord progression, Google "Marty Friedman Melodic Control"

EDIT: AHH, beat me to it. And I agree with the dominant 7th chords, if you want it to be more bluesy you can make all the chords dominant 7th and use the blues scale.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Please utilize the links in my sig and Freepower's sig.

Edit: You'll probably find that changing those Bm chords to B7 makes your song sound much better.

well, actually in the solo they are just 5ths and 4ths, but since the song is in Em, then that would make Bm.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by cj10schmelzer
well, actually in the solo they are just 5ths and 4ths, but since the song is in Em, then that would make Bm.
In a minor key, you typically make the 5 chord major or dominant. B or B7 would be the common choice; Bm is odd. Feel free to use it if it sounds good, that's always true, but you should know that the 5 chord in a minor key is assumed to be major or dominant unless specified otherwise.
Quote by cj10schmelzer

Harmonic minor would make it a B7 and that resolves better than Bm.
Quote by pwrmax
Harmonic minor would make it a B7 and that resolves better than Bm.
It's kind of the other way around, but that's the general idea, yes.

V7 - i resolves better than v - i.