so i have an Ibanez RG321, and an Ibanez RG220, i want to take the pickups out of the RG31 and put them in the RG220 because the RG220 has a floyd rose and the RG321 doesnt. But i noticed that theres only a 3 way switch on the RG220 and a 5-way switch on the RG321, so would that mean i have to change the switch along with the pick-ups? if so is that difficult to do?
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
i'm pretty sure you'd have to re-wire it, that or it isn't exactly possible if you have no idea what your doing.
instead of switching just the pickups, switch all the electronics (pots, wires, jack) and you wont have to worry. you would still be able to put whichever knobs you wanted each guitar, as well as humbucker rings, so it'll look normal.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
you could wire it so its:
Neck - Neck Split - Middle - Bridge Split - Bridge
It would be kinda cool...
the RG220 is alot older and doesnt have as nice pick ups, plus i just like the ones in the RG321 alot more anyway
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
Neither of them have particularly great pickups, it's really not worth the effort.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com