1) Is the bridge just the tune-o-matic bridge backwards with the strings wrapped around it? or is it something different?
2) How well does the P-90 do with lots of gain on it? and how are the cleans?
thanks for any help
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

1) The Bridge is exclusive to LP Juniors, Specials, and Melody makers as far as I know. It's a combination bridge/tailpiece with limited intonation adjustment. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
2) How much gain are we talking about? They're great for the amount of distortion in most classic rock. I believe the lead guitarist in MCR (I can't remember his name) uses a LP Jr. for "Dead." I think that's the most gain I've heard with a P-90 guitar and I think it sounds OK. I don't think they would handle metal very well, but some people say they can. The cleans are pretty good. A little more twang and "sparkle" than humbuckers, but not as much as traditional single-coils.
Quote by werty22
1) The Bridge is exclusive to LP Juniors, Specials, and Melody makers as far as I know. It's a combination bridge/tailpiece with limited intonation adjustment. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
pretty much that. the bridge was used in '53 on LPs, replacing the hideous trapezoid, just prior to the tunomatic that appeared in '54. From '54 on, the models you mentioned were the ones still using the wraparound.

it's not at all like the tuno.
the saddles are fixed, but they are compensated for intonation.
and the length can be adjusted at the two mounting posts.
replacements from Leo Quan and other companies have adjustable saddles.

P-90s are an excellent sounding pickup, imho much nicer than a HB.
But they aren't hum-canceling.
With a ton of gain, the hum and noise becomes a major issue.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 26, 2008,