i was looking at getting a bucker for my strat and i thought a dimarzio evolution might be cool but i was confused as to what regular and f hole were.

also anyone have a different suggestion for a pickup?

looking for a heavy sound like Nirvana and Thrice and my guitar is a strat

also right now its 3 single coils, what would this require wiring wise?

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
Seymour Duncan Hotrails.
Take the strings off and take off the pickguard and take a picture of the body without the pickguard.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by CroneR
i was looking at getting a bucker for my strat and i thought a dimarzio evolution might be cool but i was confused as to what regular and f hole were.

F spaced describes the length of the magnets, which are typical for bridges. Make sure it has that spec.

As for versatile pickups with metal tone...SD Custom 5s are quite good covering the wide range.

As for the pickguard...you could get a hot hum-canceling single coil. Or you could replace the pickguard itself with a HSS one and put everything back together (take the picture as the poster above stated so you won't botch things up).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Oct 25, 2008,
^pretty much what he said...

i have a Duncan Custom Custom btw - might work for ya

no new wiring - just some soldering.

don't unscrew the screws right next to your pups, those adjust it up and down and stay in as you take gaurd off - just lay the whole thing to the side. With a towel.
if you can fit a bucker in the bridge go for a crunchy pa for gfs they sound amazing at only 23 bucks

wiring would require nothing more than switching to a 500k pot for master volume