I've been considering building a guitar for some time now, and I've decided I want my first build to be an LP Junior, for the simplicity and awesomeness. And I just had a few questions first...
1) The bridge/tailpiece, is that the regular one from a tune-o-matic turned around? or will I have to find something specific to the junior?0
2) I play a lot of high gain stuff along with a good bit of clean, how will the P-90 do with this?
3) How complicated would it be to do the classic sunburst finish? or should i just stick to one color?
4) .....give me a sec....I know there was another question....
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

well...for #3, i know that all you have to do really is paint the guitar black, sand the center down, then stain that orange or somethin like that...im prolly wrong about that, but if it had to be done, id imagine it would go that way.
You just LOST the game >: P

After years of extensive research at Yale, it is determined that the game does not, in fact, exist.
for the sunburst, looking on here in the paint sticky, or check project guitar, they have a tutorial some where, the bridge looks like a wrap around, which can be bought at several places (stew mac, WD music, guitar fetish, etc), and if your playing high gain i wouldnt recommend p-90's but thats just me,

imho, i would get a swc rock field pickup (split coiled)

hope that helps
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Last edited by metalwarrior40 at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by Chessman.exe
well...for #3, i know that all you have to do really is paint the guitar black, sand the center down, then stain that orange or somethin like that...im prolly wrong about that, but if it had to be done, id imagine it would go that way.

You spray the black on the edges, using an elevated mask, and a downward spraying angle. Then you spray tinted clear, different methods depending on your style of sunburst.

^LP Juniors don't have a neck pickup dood .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Oct 25, 2008,
Quote by Øttər

You spray the black on the edges, using an elevated mask, and a downward spraying angle. Then you spray tinted clear, different methods depending on your style of sunburst.

No, It's whatever color the center is -> Burst ring at the edges->Clear (I think)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ yea that would work.

Quote by Øttər

^LP Juniors don't have a neck pickup dood .

what are you talking about
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by oneblackened
No, It's whatever color the center is -> Burst ring at the edges->Clear (I think)

Oh, ok then. Egh, my method is a bit rusty. Thanks for clearing that up.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
nuthinbuttrubbl8 (i think thats how you spell it?)
makes and sells the wraparound bridges cheaper than stewmac, you should shoot him a PM.
So I want this to have matching specs to the 57 model, and i just had a few more items i couldnt find on gibbo's website
1) What back contour would I want to order?
2) What fret size?
3) What kind of tuners would be accurate? (all gibson says is "button tuners")

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by metalwarrior40
what are you talking about

I'm talking about a 1957 LP junior, which doesn't have a neck pickup .

Clicky.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by mcraddict81592
be careful! read the text in the description of that part.

in the original design for a wound G string and non-staggered mounting stud placement.

the locations of the "saddles" is intonated for a heavier gauge stringset with a wound G.
if you try to use this with a plain G like in a light gauge set, the G will be Waaaay sharp at the 12th fret when all other strings are right.

guessing that you like lighter gauge strings, this would definitely not be the bridge for you.

btw, LPjrs are friggin lovely.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
be careful! read the text in the description of that part.

in the original design for a wound G string and non-staggered mounting stud placement.

the locations of the "saddles" is intonated for a heavier gauge stringset with a wound G.
if you try to use this with a plain G like in a light gauge set, the G will be Waaaay sharp at the 12th fret when all other strings are right.

guessing that you like lighter gauge strings, this would definitely not be the bridge for you.

btw, LPjrs are friggin lovely.

thanks, so where can I get bridge I need?

Quote by bogg808