Syu is one of my favorite guitarists. You should check him out in J-metal bands like Galneryus, Aushwitz, Ani-metal. He uses a custom crying star rebel (ESP), heres the pic:

Specs:

ESP CRYING STAR-REBEL

BODY : Alder
NECK : Hard Maple 3P
FINGERBOARD : Rosewood, 27frets
INLAY : MOP Dot
SCALE : 628mm (Medium)
NUT : Bone
JOINT : Bolt-on
TUNER : GOTOH SG301-20 & HIPSHOT GT1 (6th Strings)
BRIDGE : GOTOH GE103B-T & GE101Z
PICKUP : (Front) EMG SAV
(Rear) EMG 89
CONTROL : Master Volume, Master Tone
Toggle PU Selector, Mini Toggle ON/OFF Switch
EMG SPC Control
Rear PU Coil Split Switch w/EMG SPC ON/OFF Switch
COLOR : Pearl White
PRICE : 399,000yen (Include TAX)
with Hard Case
本人サイン入り認定証

Since I can't really afford $3500 CAD, I was wondering if theres a guitar with similar specs cause the sound is kickass! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znsw9e2qUfU

And live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az4DYCa9PkA&feature=related

I suppose something similar to his older model would be just as good, his older model is here (scroll down a bit):

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/syu/

Thanks guys!
I don't think your going to find even anything remotely close my friend. You'll probably have to get one custom made.
Be cool.
ESP has a few other guitars shaped like that, the Dude from firewind has a sig version too
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
ESP has a few other guitars shaped like that, the Dude from firewind has a sig version too

Yeah, the Gus G sig is probably about as close as you're going to get but that's H-H not H-S pup configuration.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
its not mostly the shape im after, its the sound, (the pickup combination + the wood type etc) the 27 frets i dont need
I really liked his tapping in that first video, sounded really sick
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by OhSoInsane
its not mostly the shape im after, its the sound, (the pickup combination + the wood type etc) the 27 frets i dont need

So what you really want is an Alder, EMG-equipped guitar?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
So what you really want is an Alder, EMG-equipped guitar?

Sorry for the late reply, midterms were a bitch..

Back to topic: Yes, essentially thats what most important, that pickup combination and the type of wood. I don't care much for original floyd, i think licensed will work just as fine or none, it doesn't matter
get the gus g (provided its the same wood for the neck and body) then replace the neck pick up with the emg coil tapable pick up.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I've seen an old Charvel (I think) that was similar to Syu's custom. I'm not to sure though so I guess this post is useless lol