I've got a 1973 fender twin reverb I've owned and used for years. I still haven't a clue why the master volume has a push/pull pot. any ideas? thanks
Quote by mcrfobtai
It may be like a bright switch sort of thing

well, it already had a bright switch on front of amp.
From wikipedia:

"From about 1973 forward, a master volume with pull-boost (on a push-pull control) became a standard feature on all dual-channel silverfaced Fender models (usually known as "master volume" amps). Original master volume amps from late 1972 were made for a short time without that "pull boost" circuit on the master volume control."
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
^ mmm, but I wonder what its for, mine is kinda staticky so I can't tell much difference.

ahhh!! sorry overlooked the word PULL-BOOST.

Last edited by protech487 at Oct 25, 2008,
I used a Twin Reverb for awhile that had a pull-pot on the volume that switched it to a drive channel of sorts. It really just sounded horrible, like a fizzy, lifeless preamp distortion. It really served no purpose for me, as it never as good as the amp did clean, or using a pedal for drive/distortion.