since im kinda a newb when it comes to chords does anyone know any songs that are all chords? preferibally in standard tuning i know some of the standard, minor, and major chords..no diminished or 7ths. anyone help me?
try american pie by don mclean, it'll get your hands moving around.
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
best of me by the starting line but make sure you play the acoustic version if your picking hand isnt very fast you might have trouble playing the song but it is a good song that will give you a slight challenge
Last edited by sbinlb at Oct 26, 2008,
Good Riddance-Green Day. Everyone knows it, and its fun to play. It was my first full song played on guitar.
Lynyrd Skynyrd - All I Can Do Is Write About It, it's 4 chords all the way through until the bridge, plus it's a very nice song. And The Who - Behind Blue Eyes is good for working on arpeggiated chords.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You'd be surprised how many songs you can play just by strumming different combinations of Em, C, G, D
Quote by Blast Radius
You'd be surprised how many songs you can play just by strumming different combinations of Em, C, G, D

He is right. Em, C, G, D are very widely used chords, if you have a capo, these 4 chords allows you to play quite a number of songs. Practice strumming and plucking(areppegiating?) these chords for starters. A few songs that mainly uses just these 4 chords are Numb by Linkin Park, I'm yours by Jason Mraz, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton and many many more.
Of course these songs usually have some kind of a solo or intro that uses more then just these 4 chords.