I own a Jay Turser Les Paul and I was looking into either a.) putting a floyd rose on it, or b.) buying a new guitar with one already installed.

Problem is, I really like my les paul, and I don't know if I want a new guitar, but I'm also not sure whether or not I want to hack it up to install a floyd. Is it worth it? Or should I get a new guitar with one installed?

(Is there Syn. Gates Sig guitar with a Floyd on it? That would definitely be the next guitar I get.)
If you are experienced in wood working and luthiery, it is possible.

It's a bitch though. I'll be honest with you, it involves a massive amount of routing and measuring and stuff.

In my opinion, it is better to buy a guitar with a floyd than put on on a LP.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
i saw a gibson les paul on musiciansfriend with a factory installed floyd for like 3.5 G. i shit myself. never seen anythign like that :P

i wouldn't put a floyd on it because you wouldn't have the matching locking nut, which is pretty crucial (or so ive heard) to keeping it in tune, unless you replaced the tuners with locking tuners, such as sperzel, which in that case it might be fine.

ive been recently looking at guitars with floyds on them wondering if i should get one, and theres some cheapish ones on musiciansfriend (its a really good site for referencing prices :P). they have a kramer striker with a floyd, 24 frets, HSH combo on it for like 260 or so. other than that i cant help you
Gibson LP Axcess guitars come with Floyd Rose systems on them. im guessing that they'd be pretty expensive though
I love the floyd rose sound, i don't own one, which is why I want one so badly. My friend has one, and I played a LP with one in Guitar Center for like 2 hours, it was so sick.
You can put a locking nut on just about anything, it's a matter of shimming and/or routing.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
right thats what the gibson was called! axcess...
looked awesome, definitly double taked.
and ya u can put the nut on any neck, but i imagine its a bit of a pain, something i personally wouldnt do.
ltd finally came out with an EC with a floyd.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
There are Floyds for LPs that dont need modification to the guitar, but theyre very rare.
that LP floyd is pretty cool, never seen anything like that before.
well you can get get a alpnine white lp with fr at musian's friend and you asked one on the stupidest qeustions ever... does a syn guitar have a fr? haha that was stupid of it has one you cant get a syn with fr plus its pretty expensive for a standard let alone a custom if you live in uk i can get you a fr guitar for only 59pounds(arond 118 dollars) message me
Quote by ibanezel
you asked one on the stupidest qeustions ever... does a syn guitar have a fr? haha that was stupid of it has one you cant get a syn with fr plus its pretty expensive for a standard let alone a custom

....wait...what?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Yeah.. this guy obviously doesn't speak English as a first language. Or, if he does, he's 6.

I'm going to start reporting these posts no one can understand.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
Yeah.. this guy obviously doesn't speak English as a first language. Or, if he does, he's 6.

I'm going to start reporting these posts no one can understand.

i laughed at your post, then i read the post you were talking about and laughed even more.
Hahah...

Why is illiteracy so gosh-darned entertaining?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Can I be honest...

I think we answered TS question.

Unless he can find one of those fancy no conversion needed LP FR's, he's better off getting an axe with a Floyd Rose already in it....

Anyway, just my $0.02
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo