Alright, i've been playing guitar for about 11 months now, and I feel like an intermediate player...

But my problem is i'm bored just playing the stuff that i've memorized, it all starts to run together; to sound the same.

I've been playing pretty much Metal, such as Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, etc. and I want to look at other genres. And after listening to George Thurogoods "Bad to the Bone" in my dads car, I played it and liked it. So basically what i'm asking is does anyone have any genres I can go to? I'm kinda getting bored of metal.

Thanks in advance!
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

some old school blues rock like Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd is always real tight
I admit, everyone has to get the Led out, but i've done that (see Black Dog and Stairway)

Basically, i'd like to look at stuff that uses the clean channel, and isn't all overdriven. (if that's even remotely possible xD)

EDIT: And songs to go with genre recommendations are a gigantic plus and a cookie for you.

NOTE* cookie is fictional.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Last edited by Snap017 at Oct 26, 2008,