I recently got cast in a play about the Vietnam War called Tracers. For part of my character work, I'll be donning my fatigues and boots and spending a few days out in the forest. I just want to get a feel for the wilderness and what it's like to be in unfamiliar land.
I got the basics covered, like food and water and shelter, but I'd like some tips on things to do while I'm out there.

tl;dr - don't need survival tips, but fun things to do out in the wild.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by Metallicaxp
Fap

Ladies and gentlemen, the most original user in The Pit!

Skepto > Oxygen
try tracking and stalking....other than that, idk what you can do for entertainment. when at my grandpa's (lots of wooded land, lots of wildlife) i often walk aimlessly through the woods, but quietly. i try to find signs of deer and follow the signs, hoping to find some. sometimes i do, and then i try to get as close as i can before they get scared off.

the stalking part takes lots of patience, but it's exhilarating.
Get a big knife and something to sharpen it with. Throw the knife and stuff. Craft makeshift spears and hunt minorities who may also be wandering the woods looking for televisions to steal.
All your base are belong to us.
Even if you have a tent with you, you could always try and make a make shift shelter. What I personally love doing is making a nice pot of hot tea too. Not with tea leaves but with local plants. If you can identify basic plants its awesome. My personal favorite is pine needles and some birch!
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???

Quote by guitargod108
Even if you have a tent with you, you could always try and make a make shift shelter. What I personally love doing is making a nice pot of hot tea too. Not with tea leaves but with local plants. If you can identify basic plants its awesome. My personal favorite is pine needles and some birch!

Great idea.
I'm not a big fan of tea, but things always taste better when you make them yourself. How do you do it? Do you just boil the ingredients in water?

Skepto > Oxygen
well, some cultures make tea with filters (like tea bags) and others just throw everything in and leave the stuff at the bottom. you can try making some sort of filter or just letting the stuff settle at the bottom. i've made my own tea with herbs i bought at the store, let everything settle at the bottom. its fine as long as you don't get anything gross in your teeth.
Yup. Start boiling the water and throw shit in. Although to get a stronger flavor you would have to crush the ingredients but I would advise against it since it's a bitch to drink with all the little particles in it.

GodEdit - Beaten!
Quote by futurejimmypage
HOLEY MOLEY MACCARONI!!!! you are like 7 hours into the future. Whats it like? is the war over? is bush dead? Are the new episodes of family guy out yet? is global warming over? Did they unfreeze walt Disney???