I've really just learned how pivotal an amp is to your overall tone. I've known all along that shitty amp is going to mean shitty tone. But for the first time yesterday I played a serious amp. I went to a music store to test out a vox modeling amp, was un impressed, and asked the dude to hook me up with a test on a mesa/boogie dual rectifier with a EVH cab. what a ****in eye opener. Playing through that is what I imagine my guitar playing should sound like. I hate the idea of having an amp and then having ten different pedals in front of it all going at once just to get the tone you want. It was just my guitar plugged into the amp and I had a sound I thought I could only dream about. anyway, no real question in this thread, just wanted to share the experience.
and how long have you been playing guitar??
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
welcome to lesson 1, Just kidding. A good amp can make the shittiest guitar sound good.
-I don't believe this, my girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

-In a row?
Quote by enemy120
and how long have you been playing guitar??

I've been playing two years. I'm not someone who is a beginner really, but this experience was just new to me because I've never played a high end amp like that before.
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
I've been playing two years. I'm not someone who is a beginner really, but this experience was just new to me because I've never played a high end amp like that before.

Play a SLO100. AMAZING!

Or an Orange OR50.
Quote by Sweaty Balls
I know how ya feel, thats how I felt when I played on a 5150.

Yup, same thing with me then I played a Engl Fireball and thought the 5150 was crap then Played a Uberschall and thought the Fireball was crap and the 5150 was a starter amp lol

Its a funny thing how tone works
yeah, when you learn that you can actually start doing stuff which will improve your tone, instead of quick fixes which are only stopgaps...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yup, same thing with me then I played a Engl Fireball and thought the 5150 was crap then Played a Uberschall and thought the Fireball was crap and the 5150 was a starter amp lol

Its a funny thing how tone works

Funny how we evolve!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I didn't really like the Dual Recto I tried... too loose and bassy for my tastes. But good on you anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??