On Mesa Boogie rectifiers (single, double, triple), I know the rectifier does something to the sound, but I dont remember what....and also what is the difference between the single, double, and triple rectifier amp heads etc? I've played the triple and it sounded great
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
btw, also I'm looking at either buying one of these or a jcm 800......which would be more versatile to get a good clean tone, blues, rock, and metal tone?
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by SGmaniac1021
btw, also I'm looking at either buying one of these or a jcm 800......which would be more versatile to get a good clean tone, blues, rock, and metal tone?

A rectifier is an electrical device that converts alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC), a process known as rectification

stolen from wikipedia

However in rectos, in the singles you have only silicon diodes for rectification as opposed to most amps which use tube rectification
in the duals you can switch between tube and silicon diode rectification
in the triples, its the same as the duals but with an extra channel.

I don't think a Recto or a JCM800 would be what you are looking for.

What is your budget?
probably around $1,500 maybe a bit higher if the deal's right or w/e. Lately I've been borrowing a jcm 800 from my guitar teacher and I've been using a satchurator to boost the gain for leads, it's sounded great, but I'm not too happy with the cleans at times. The cleans on the map seem very "choppy" when I play it (I play on a fender at school so maybe I'm just used to that?). So that's why I'm still deciding and trying amps before I decide.
My Gear: