So while I was driving, I noticed some kind of construction truck and a thick chain came loose on the truck. This chain was about 1.5 - 2 inches thick. Only the very end of the chain was attached to the back of the truck. So there was this ~10 ft. chain that was just being dragged on the highway. So my car and his are going about 60 mph. What would happen if I drove over the chain? The wheels are going on a road at relative rest, and then one or two of the four wheels suddenly are on top of a chain going 60 mph. Would nothing really happen? Or a good chance at a swirving accident?
Quote by guylee
huh. interesting question...

i'd have to assume it would be like stepping on someones shoelace while they're walking or something...

That usually tends to stop the person who the shoelace belongs to. However, I would imagine the truck would be a fair bit heavier than the car, so it would not have the same effect. I'm not a very good physicist, so I can't say what would actually happen to the car, but if your car has traction control, it would **** it right up, and slam on the brakes. If not, it the sudden change in wheelspeed would probably **** up your steering a bit.

I don't know.
signatures are budget.
The truck would implode and create a small black hole capable of engulfing the universe.
The wheels would get traction on the chain. If it was horizontal, you'd likely just go over it like you would debris or something on the road. If it was vertical and for any reason it shifted, your wheel would follow it and you'd probably go off the road.
well it would depend on if the wheel that hit it powered your car
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
The truck would implode and create a small black hole capable of engulfing the universe.

Well actually that wouldn't happen, there is however a good chance of splitting an atom when driving over the chain, err.. gravity Y'a know.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by The Madcap
So while I was drunk driving, I noticed some kind of construction truck and a thick chain came loose on the truck. This chain was about 1.5 - 2 inches thick. Only the very end of the chain was attached to the back of the truck. So there was this ~10 ft. chain that was just being dragged on the highway. So my car and his are going about 60 mph. What would happen if I drove over the chain? The wheels are going on a road at relative rest, and then one or two of the four wheels suddenly are on top of a chain going 60 mph. Would nothing really happen? Or a good chance at a swirving accident?

fixed
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
i just want to say that TS' name+avatar+status=win.

and i'd have to ask someone who could do the physics calculations
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well most vehicles today only power one of the four wheels, so it would depend which wheel hits the chain.

one.... are you sure you have your facts straight buddy?

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
i would think if u went over the chain u would quickly slide off and the truck would go a lil slower and thats it
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by Kenny_Fever
That usually tends to stop the person who the shoelace belongs to. However, I would imagine the truck would be a fair bit heavier than the car, so it would not have the same effect.

oh geez. how did i not think of that?
Quote by guylee
oh geez. how did i not think of that?

whatever, I'm drunk.

**** off

lol kidding...

love you
signatures are budget.