Good/Not good for shredding?

Should I use a schecter instead of a les paul? Not a gibson btw.
An LP could be good or bad. Buckethead plays an LP primarily. Most shredders go for something else though, like ESP, Ibanez, or Schecter. In most opinions the necks on those guitars are faster. But really, you need to just play pretty much everything and decide based on what you like.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Well see I just started getting into shredding by playing riffs from A7X stuff...to be honest I don't know any other bands that shred...Wow can you guys recommend any bands that shred? So i can get different bands?

I've played a few riffs from A7X and just how nicely they sound and how fast you can play them just really attracts me to it, and I'm making my Les paul, it's curve is more into the body so that way I can reach the upper frets easily.
There's so many bands that shred... and far faster than A7X, although you won't find any that make as good of music as A7X's 2007 album. That is just an insanely epic experience. Just check out metal bands like Shadows Fall, The Faceless, All Shall Perish, All That Remains... Even some less metal stuff like Alter Bridge. Hope that helps, and good luck with your guitar.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Thanks. I've also heard bands like Stratovarius [or something like that] and Europe andddd Children of the Boldom are shredders as well.
I'd say Schecter all the way. But I'm biased. If you like the LP style, go for that.
Last edited by Shinsen88 at Oct 26, 2008,
a strat would work...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Well I bought a LP kit so when I put it together I wanna be sure It'll be as versatile as possible.