ok wthell, i was just curious so i went and checked my blood pressure at longs. and to my surprise its like effing 129. does this have anything to do with smoking? i havent had one today but i had a few last week.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
happened to me last year.... i didnt do anything about it but i should have... i went to the doc after like a month and than i had to eat pills :/

go and see the doc.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Isn't it like a 66-ish average pulse at rest?

EDIT: Oops, blood PRESSURE? No clue, carry on.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
yea but do you smoke? and yea i had a 62 for pulse but my systolic or somthing was freaking 129. i seriously thought i was gonna die cuz im too young for that blood pressure seriously. any smokers here know if smoking causes high blood pressure?
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Were u having sex?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Wait, are you measuring pulse or blood pressure? If that's your blood pressure it's not really that bad.. If it's your pulse that is a bit on the higher side, average is about 90.

If it continues, and it's a concern to you, you should probably go see a doctor.

Smoking does increase blood pressure, by the way.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
so it does? i should just stop like now, cuz this is scary and its depressing me thinking about it. my parents who are like almost 50 have a lower blood pressure then me. its just wrong
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Yes, it does increase blood pressure. For sure.
Yeah, if it's really concerning you, stop and probably go see a doctor. Just incase it's not a pre-existing condition that may have been triggered.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
so i'm kinda bringing back an old thread but i didn't really wanna start a new one and get the whole searchbar spiel...

anyways, my family has a bit of a history with heart problems and high blood pressure (among other things...but that's for another time) and recently i had to go to the doctor for a problem that's not worth mentioning. while i was there, i had my blood pressure tested. the nurse didn't care but my mom got worried. i think it read something similar to 140/72 or so. is this normal for a 17-year-old?

tl;dr
my blood pressure is 140/72. good or bad for 17-year-old?
...why?
Quote by AgentHappyDay
so i'm kinda bringing back an old thread but i didn't really wanna start a new one and get the whole searchbar spiel...

anyways, my family has a bit of a history with heart problems and high blood pressure (among other things...but that's for another time) and recently i had to go to the doctor for a problem that's not worth mentioning. while i was there, i had my blood pressure tested. the nurse didn't care but my mom got worried. i think it read something similar to 140/72 or so. is this normal for a 17-year-old?

tl;dr

I dunno, but unless your mother is a nurse or a doctor, I would trust the nurse.
Quote by MODESTme
ok wthell, i was just curious so i went and checked my blood pressure at longs. and to my surprise its like effing 129. does this have anything to do with smoking? i havent had one today but i had a few last week.

Two things, firstly, your blood pressure is two numbers, the average is 120 over 80.
Secondly, if that's your heart rate and not your blood pressure then yes that's way to ****ing high and you need to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.

EDIT: ****, just realised this is revived, no 140 over 72 isn't that bad, it you can probably improve it woth cardio vascular exercise. If you already exercise regularly I recommend an extended period of running atleast 5 days a week.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by Boogie Man at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by Boogie Man
Two things, firstly, your blood pressure is two numbers, the average is 120 over 80.
Secondly, if that's your heart rate and not your blood pressure then yes that's way to ****ing high and you need to see a doctor IMMEDIATELY.

It helps to read a thread all the way through before posting. Especially ones with less than 20 posts.
Quote by AgentHappyDay

tl;dr

The 140 is normal, as your heart rate and blood pressure are a bit higher when you're an adolescent. I'm not sure about the 72 cystolic though. To wiki!

SHEdit: I lied. Average blood pressure steadily increases with age. But 140/72 isn't outside the normal range though.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by soulflyV
It helps to read a thread all the way through before posting. Especially ones with less than 20 posts.

notice the edit arsewipe, If he's really ****ing concerned he should just go to ****ing doctor again.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Mine was 180/140 and it caused me to go deaf in my left ear.

So, yeah, let it go untreated, that's a brilliant idea.

Quote by Boogie Man
notice the edit arsewipe, If he's really ****ing concerned he should just go to ****ing doctor again.

Notice how he posted that before you made the edit. lrn2read
You're*