41 91%
Voters: 45.
floyd rose ftw
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
it really depends on what you want to use it for
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by BobChicken
it really depends on what you want to use it for

yeh, more information please
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Floyd. Also electric guitar forum is prolly better for this

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
They are completely different things.
If I'm not mistaken, Bigsby's are only used for vibrato purposes whilst Floyds are for crazier stuff, just look at EVH.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Both.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
both have pros and cons, floyds are a major pain in the ass to restring and maintain bigsbys have more subtle and have tuning stability issues. Also, they tend to come on two different types of guitars, you generally don't see a guitar geared for shred with bigsbys, and I've never seen a semihollow with a floyd (I don't even think you could feasibly do that anyway)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I would go for the floyd rose. you can use this just like you would use a bigsby + all the crazy things you can do with it.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I dream of a hollowbody guitar with a floyd rose

"i fell into a burning ring of fire"
*pulls pinch harmonic scream with whammy bar*
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
both have pros and cons, floyds are a major pain in the ass to restring and maintain bigsbys have more subtle and have tuning stability issues. Also, they tend to come on two different types of guitars, you generally don't see a guitar geared for shred with bigsbys, and I've never seen a semihollow with a floyd (I don't even think you could feasibly do that anyway)

myth busted, they arent a pain in the arse at all it merely takes a little longer to restring and maintain a floyd and i'm talking not even a 50% time increase on a hardtail guitar after you've done it once.

bigsby's only really provide vibrato and so on which is what the fingers on your left hand are for.

floyds are for otherwise unattainable divebombs and all that kinda crap which is pretty awesome.

only other thing to note is that while a did say floyds arent a pain in the arse, they are quite a hassle if you want to change the tuning of your guitar often so keep that in mind
of the two i would have to pick the floyd. but if i could choose any type of vibrato i would go for a two point wilkinson synchronized.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by Diamond Dave
myth busted, they arent a pain in the arse at all it merely takes a little longer to restring and maintain a floyd and i'm talking not even a 50% time increase on a hardtail guitar after you've done it once.

bigsby's only really provide vibrato and so on which is what the fingers on your left hand are for.

floyds are for otherwise unattainable divebombs and all that kinda crap which is pretty awesome.

only other thing to note is that while a did say floyds arent a pain in the arse, they are quite a hassle if you want to change the tuning of your guitar often so keep that in mind

You may not think it's a pain, but a lot of people do, so cut the "myth busted" crap.

and bigsbys can do vibrato on chords, which is really really hard and sometimes impossible to do wit your fingers, plus that can do a wider vibrato than most people can normally do.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by David w
can't beat the Ibanez ZR Trem

Too true! It's heavenly! Easier then a FR.

I use my hand for my vibrato, so a Bigsby is generally useless for me, whereas a floyd can do what a bigsby does and more.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by CoreysMonster
I dream of a hollowbody guitar with a floyd rose

"i fell into a burning ring of fire"
*pulls pinch harmonic scream with whammy bar*

i breifly considered sigging that, but decided not to
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
You may not think it's a pain, but a lot of people do, so cut the "myth busted" crap.

and bigsbys can do vibrato on chords, which is really really hard and sometimes impossible to do wit your fingers, plus that can do a wider vibrato than most people can normally do.

just to add to that you cant do vibrato on harmonics with your left hand
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius