i have been on this forum for a while now, and i have noticed that you all seem to hate guitar hero. i was just wondering, why?
in theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is
Quote by sagittar slaith
i have been on this forum for a while now, and i have noticed that you all seem to hate guitar hero. i was just wondering, why?

its a pretty good game...
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
i like it
Quote by DirtyMakik
Pointless threads like those make me cry my bloody cum out.
i'm not saying that i dont like it. as it happens i have GH3 and I'm pretty good. i just noticed that it has a really bad reputation
in theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is
Quote by hellsbiker
its a game, if you can't accept that you're just thick

This...

It's not more than a game, and some people get more respect for it than real guitarists.
I thought this whole guitar hero obsession thing was only in America, I don't know many people that actually play the thing so I don't think I've been exposed to the same annoyences and grievances as other members, to me it's just another random game that I've played once or twice and nothing more.
I think there are 3 different groups in UG`s if you talk about GH.

Group 1, Love it, play it and encourage others.

Group 2, Don`t play it, but are enthousiastic about it because more people know classic rock songs.

Group 3, Hate it, think that it`s an insult for playing guitar because it`s fake.

And ofcourse there are people between those groups and with an different opinion.
Quote by sagittar slaith

I've been on this forum for a longer while now, and i have noticed that it's hard to generalize on a board with over 1M registered users. I love guitar hero and I've played guitar long before the game was made.
Some people don't like it and they feel like they need to make a big deal out of it.
Quote by MaXiMuse

Group 3, Hate it, think that it`s an insult for playing guitar because it`s fake.

so i guess marines and army folk should be insulted because games of that nature dont involve real bullets or dead guys

the haters of GH are a minority, its a fun interactive GAME, and thats it
As long as you don't think guitar hero = real guitar ability then it's all good. Personally I love it, it's great fun to throw shapes and look like a general fool while playing.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
i dont hate iyt, but it does anoy me becasue people waste their time playing the game pretending their a rock star when u can spend that tiem acutally learning an instrument. plusi suck at the game...
Quote by destroy_techno
It fun for a while

Putting huge amount of practice to do Through the fire and flames on expert however, is not fun

That's where I stopped playing the game

Same.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by weorge
i dont hate iyt, but it does anoy me becasue people waste their time playing the game pretending their a rock star when u can spend that tiem acutally learning an instrument. plusi suck at the game...

Looks like you've been spending too much time playing Spelling & Grammar Hero.
Quote by beau05
so i guess marines and army folk should be insulted because games of that nature dont involve real bullets or dead guys

the haters of GH are a minority, its a fun interactive GAME, and thats it

wow, the post from the kid with the MOPs pic is the best! its a game thats mean to be fun just like all the others. i love the 3rd one, not too big into the first 2 not that it really matters. great stuff...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
fun game, but people start bragging about how they rock at guitar hero and it's annoying, it's much funner, cooler, awesomer, and harder plus you can play anything you want andit's more useful, so wtf are they bragging on about?!
Quote by joshua029
wow, the post from the kid with the MOPs pic is the best! its a game thats mean to be fun just like all the others. i love the 3rd one, not too big into the first 2 not that it really matters. great stuff...

im actually legally considered an adult of 21 years and 10 months
I like it. I bring the DS game everywhere but I can definitely understand why people hate it... I'm a purist about a lot of things myself.

Ne me quitte pas mon chere.
I think it's fun..

There's just a lot of twats on here who are (for some reason) threatened by it..
Quote by LittleKnowItAll
I thought this whole guitar hero obsession thing was only in America, I don't know many people that actually play the thing so I don't think I've been exposed to the same annoyences and grievances as other members, to me it's just another random game that I've played once or twice and nothing more.

It is. Or at least, in Israel and Argentina almost no one plays it.

Anyway, the people that hate it because it's fake, should also stop playing FPS's and racing games unless they enlist in the army and start racing.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by hellsbiker
its a game, if you can't accept that you're just thick

yeah, there is always someone who can sum up the thoughts in one sentence.....

it is only worth playing when intoxicated with friends - it is sad to play it on your own to get scores.

otherwise it is just an expensive cd.....
Haven't ever really played it but It's fun to amaze those who play them by playing simple songs from the game. I played intro of throught the fire and the flames in our music class and every guitar hero player where like: "HOLY SHIT" and the intro even isn't that hard.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Everyone loved it until people started creating 100 threads a day about it.
^ this.

i dunno about loved it,
but even the ones who didn't weren't bothered until all the damned threads.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It doesnt own up to a real guitar and a lot of the people who are "o-m-g i play exxxxpert guyzz" think they are big and bad and when they decide to pick up a real guitar, whine and cry over how different and hard it is.

Im not against the game or anything, but yeah.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Its annoying how people can think they can play REAL guitar or brag at there GH skills

Its a good game though

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
I play it, but I just hate people who take it so seriously. But yeah, it's a fun game to play with friends.
I started playing guitar hero before i started playing guitar. I liked it before hand and still do. One thing i noticed is that people get more respect for playing guitar hero then playing the real guitar.

Guitar Hero Is Nothing Like The Real Guitar

But yeah, its not a bad game, just for the people who don't have the patience for the real guitar
Hai To You All

Metallica Ftw?
I don't hate GH, but I hate 2 things related to it.

1) The massive craze of beating Through The Fire and Flames on expert and thinking that you win at life because of it.
2) Guitarists whinging about it.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
The same reason people on here hate World of Warcraft. It makes them look "cool."

Personally, I love both GH and WoW.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by ALiFe
This...

It's not more than a game, and some people get more respect for it than real guitarists.

If you play guitar to get respect, you shouldn't be playing it at all.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Because we all thought we were so bad ass playing guitar and such until GH came along with its little pop culture and bastardized everything we stood for!!

No really, I don't have a problem with it.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .