I can buy a Jackson JDR for $300 Australian.
I've had a look around and in general people just say its an MIJ well built guitar that will last for years if well looked after. Its cheap as chips but is it worth buying, the guitar is totally stock and was made in 94.

Opionions on the Jackson JDR?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Great guitar for the price. Tone is a little on the bright side but I quite like it.

I think it's worth it. You're paying pretty much nothing for it so I say go for it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Only problem is it will delay my ESP Horizon purchase and I would hate to lose that. I also won't be able to put new pups in it for a fair while. How is the guitar stock? Would it be fairly similar to my Ibanez RG 770?
They're both H-S-H
Both thin necks
Both stock pups
Both trem eqipped
Both MIJ
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
Only problem is it will delay my ESP Horizon purchase and I would hate to lose that. I also won't be able to put new pups in it for a fair while. How is the guitar stock? Would it be fairly similar to my Ibanez RG 770?
They're both H-S-H
Both thin necks
Both stock pups
Both trem eqipped
Both MIJ

I think they sound fine stock. Most guitars sound alright stock anyways. They won't sound similar. They have different woods and pickups and whatnot. The might play kind of close but the Jackson neck profile isn't the same as the Ibanez necks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I see...
Might be worth going to try out, i was looking for a 90's shred machine a while back and I guess this is close enough. Do you happen to know anything about the JDR series? Were they budget guitars, high end in MIJ for Jackson, intermediate guitars?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by howey
I see...
Might be worth going to try out, i was looking for a 90's shred machine a while back and I guess this is close enough. Do you happen to know anything about the JDR series? Were they budget guitars, high end in MIJ for Jackson, intermediate guitars?

I don't really remember much about it. I remember something about it being a concept maybe?

I'm sure some Jackson experts will show up and clear things up.

It definately wasn't high end though. Most likely intermediate.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
So todays equivalent maybe the JS30 series?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD