What one is the better one to go for and value for money in the short and longrun?
The GX, UX1 or UX2?

All these can be used with other recording software other than what they come with yeah?

thanks
Well, they all come with the same Toneport program. It just really depends if you need the XLR ports or more than one instrument.

If you want to plug like 2 instruments at the same time, go for the UX2. If you're just using it for the guitar, get the GX.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The UX2 has the XLR inputs with Phantom power if you plan on using a condenser mic, otherwise, if you don't think you'll use that, I'd just get the UX1 or GX depending on what you're going to use.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ok. well this would really be an intro to recording but in the future would like to record with some friends.
Can i record one guitar part first then go over it and record another part on top? sorry about the silly questions but this is new to me ha

also, could i link a drum machine up to it?

thanks
Quote by moominman2
ok. well this would really be an intro to recording but in the future would like to record with some friends.
Can i record one guitar part first then go over it and record another part on top? sorry about the silly questions but this is new to me ha

also, could i link a drum machine up to it?

thanks

Toneport isn't a recording program. It just has models. You'll have to get a recording program first. Something like Audacity.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Oct 26, 2008,
The best program I've used with my toneport is Reaper. It's free and it allows you to record multiple tracks(one for guitar, one for bass, one for drums, etc.) and it supports VSTi plugins such as EZ drummer. I use it on my band's music as well.

www.myspace.com/captainfalconmetal
Quote by moominman2
i like the idea of having 2 inputs for say a guitar and bass. would it be a problem if i didn't use a condenser mic with the TonePort UX2 or would i have to use one?

You don't have the use a condenser.

Could you not triple post?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by moominman2
it's my thread.

It doesn't matter, it's against the rules.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by moominman2
haha, against the rules. I did not know that. Thank you for looking out for me with this useful information.

It's fine, you're new and all and you probably didn't read the forum rules.

Double posting once in a while is somewhat fine (albeit annoying), but triple posting is just a little excessive.

You could maybe just edit your posts for future references.

If you want to use more then 1-2 instruments at the same time, then the UX2 would be ideal for you.

I made out fine with the UX1 though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
If it helps I'll let you know on Saturday what the GX is like when I buy it. I'm psyched for it, can't wait to actually be able to have decent quality recordings from something that isn't a webcam mic.
Quote by AdamDK
If it helps I'll let you know on Saturday what the GX is like when I buy it. I'm psyched for it, can't wait to actually be able to have decent quality recordings from something that isn't a webcam mic.

Speaking of Toneport demos.

I have 2 on my profile. The bottom ones I think.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's fine, you're new and all and you probably didn't read the forum rules.

Double posting once in a while is somewhat fine (albeit annoying), but triple posting is just a little excessive.

You could maybe just edit your posts for future references.

If you want to use more then 1-2 instruments at the same time, then the UX2 would be ideal for you.

I made out fine with the UX1 though.

Yes, probable didn't. And yes, new.

Triple posting was used because i had a question and i complemented someone. It's funny that it's such a major issue.

Ok cheers, ill be getting the toneport UX2 for christmas

EDIT: I SPELT PROBABLY WRONG
Last edited by moominman2 at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Speaking of Toneport demos.

I have 2 on my profile. The bottom ones I think.

Great stuff. how are the high gain models? I've heard they can be fizzy at times.
Quote by moominman2
Yes, probable didn't. And yes, new.

Triple posting was used because i had a question and i complemented someone. It's funny that it's such a major issue.

Ok cheers, ill be getting the toneport UX2 for christmas

It's not such a big deal, but it's very annoying and it just seems like you're bumping your own threads and you aren't supposed to do that either.

Have fun with the Toneport. It's really handy to have around when you can't crank your amps and mic them up.

Quote by AdamDK
Great stuff. how are the high gain models? I've heard they can be fizzy at times.

Terrible man. They sound pretty wank alone. The only one that sounds really awesome is the SLO clone.

If you blend the JCM 800 model, the SLO and the Rectifier though in something like Audacity, it sounds AMAZING.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
That's one of the reason I'm getting it, late night practice. And good quality recordings. Micing up my DSL with a webcam mic sounds terrible, does it no justice, and by 8pm DSl has to be off and I end up using headphones going Guitar > Korg AX10G > MS-2 Portable Amp
Oh just saw your post about high-gain models, thanks for that. I'll consider it.
Quote by AdamDK
That's one of the reason I'm getting it, late night practice. And good quality recordings. Micing up my DSL with a webcam mic sounds terrible, does it no justice, and by 8pm DSl has to be off and I end up using headphones going Guitar > Korg AX10G > MS-2 Portable Amp

I just can't record very quality clips right now anyways. The mic I used for the Say It Ain't So cover was done on a Rock Band mic.

I need a sweet mic.

EDIT: Way to double post after I had that long rant about it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I just can't record very quality clips right now anyways. The mic I used for the Say It Ain't So cover was done on a Rock Band mic.

I need a sweet mic.

EDIT: Way to double post after I had that long rant about it.

I don't double-post much, so I'm the excusable every-so-often-double-post like you mentioned. Besides, who listens to Canadians?

I do.... About TonePorts
Quote by AdamDK
I don't double-post much, so I'm the excusable every-so-often-double-post like you mentioned. Besides, who listens to Canadians?

I do.... About TonePorts

You do about lots of things you damn brit!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You do about lots of things you damn brit!

I know

Mexicans > British > Canadians > Americans