Now, I'm not a DevilDriver fan, but I find this quite upsetting:
http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Local/0,,2-1225-1242_2415011,00.html R300 000 is roughly $28 000

Here are some quotes concerning this:

We need to stop this!! I urge you to asap (today please) write an email to **** (***@*****.co.za) from Oppidam (the venue) to object to this concert and to cancel the show. We need as many emails as possible.

We will not allow the devil to freely roam in our city that IS UNDER THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST!!!!

As a Christian, I am so concerned that adults are promoting dangerous and immoral behavior – we have an obligation to do what is morally correct and you *****, know what that is. Please do not promote concerts of this nature..especiallyy with all the young and impressionable, yet innocent children out there.

I fail to see what is morally questionable about enjoying some music, even if I personally find the concert goers specific traste in music questionable (and I do, as I've stated I'm not a DD fan). Sigh..

(I blocked out some of the names with *** btw)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Content-type: text/html
500 Internal Server Error
Failed to create the temporary file

o...k...
I'm a little bit confused as to how exactly they "convinced" the venue owner to change.

DevilDriver could always change their name to Driver, it seemed to work for the Rays.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Gah, tis a shame, I thought all this sort of anti-metal heckling died out in the early 90s. So annoying how these idiot fundamentalists act as if they're acting on behalf of their entire religion, they'd probably even heckle a Megadeth concert, not knowing about Mustaine's recent revelations.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by snipelfritz
I'm a little bit confused as to how exactly they "convinced" the venue owner to change.

DevilDriver could always change their name to Driver, it seemed to work for the Rays.

I believe there was a petition going around.

And I don't know if it beats the doll thing. People need to stop being so damn uptight.

Edit: what really irritates me is that South Africa supposedly has one of the most liberal constitutions in the world, and yet things like this still go down. It's a damn shame.
To be honest I don't care if he lost the money, it was his choice to cancel it.

Maybe he should have stood up for himself instead of giving in when he didn't have to.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Absolutely, but you've also gotta feel for the event organiser who has printed a massive amount of flyers and stuff with the venue name on it.

As for the owner of the actual property - he definitely shoulda had the balls to stand up for himself.
I'm sick of people like that who think they can force everyone else to live by their rules. They need to learn that the world doesn't actually revolve around them.