So I have a few questions. First of all, I'm looking at getting a new guitar that's good for alternative, punk, pop punk, and indie, and maybe some heavier stuff, and I really like the sound of the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. However, if money was no option, I would really like the Gibson LP Classic. So, you can imagine my surprise when I saw an Epi of the Classic was available. I have not played it, but how does it compare to the Custom? What are the differences and such? Which would you recommend? I'll probably be playing my new guitar out of a Mesa F-50, a Traynor YCS50, or a Traynor YCV50 Blue.
The Epiphone Les Paul Custom and the other set neck Epiphones are all very similar. The only differences are the cosmetics.

Epiphone really needs to cut down their Les Paul line. Or at least have them all priced around the same.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I would go for the custom because IMO it looks better, but they are pretty much the same guitar
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
doesn't the custom have different pickups?
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
I'm pretty sure that epiphone uses the same pickups in almost all their les pauls, I might be wrong though
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by CvPrEpKiLLaH
doesn't the custom have different pickups?

Pretty much all of them use Epiphone 'Alnico Classic' pickups.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Pretty much all of them use Epiphone 'Alnico Classic' pickups.

Are the Alnico Classics good? Or would you recommend me changing them?
Quote by Raxef
Are the Alnico Classics good? Or would you recommend me changing them?

They aren't bad. You wouldn't need to swap them. You could if you wanted to.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster