Ok I'm buying a new bass
I like the Warwick Corvette Double Buck ($$) Bass but I'm not sure
please help me, my styles are jazz, latin, blues, funky, reggae, ska, rock but no metal or anything that way..some slap..grooves...
the kind of sound I want is like Victor Wooten, or Richard Bona you know..no Geddy Lee or Harris.
have you tried a musicman? i'm not really into bass playing, but i heard they are quite good
Warwicks are very aggressive, modern sounding instruments. And don't base opinions on genre. Steve Harris plays Fender precision basses, and Geddy Lee has played everything from Rickenbackers (rock machines) to his signature jazz basses.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
A musicman stingray is one of the most characteristic slap basses, so that will sound beautiful for funk and the active EQ means you can get a lot of tones out of it. However, it's also significantly more expensive than the warwick, so bear that in mind.

Warwicks have a nice "growl", which makes them good for rock and metal, but they're also pretty versatile. I'd also try out a single buck corvette while you're looking as well, as you might not think the double is worth the extra cash and a single buck with active EQ can get alot of tones and good build quality for a very reasonable price. Another you might want to consider is a fender jazz bass of some kind, as they're pretty versatile too.

Anyway, try a few basses out in a shop and see what floats your boat.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Price range? I'm guessing £500-£1000 but I'd go for a Ibanez SR Prestige. Underated bass.
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Warwicks have a very unique feel to them so make sure you try one out at a store to make sure you like them.
Quote by wouldyakindly
A musicman stingray is one of the most characteristic slap basses, so that will sound beautiful for funk and the active EQ means you can get a lot of tones out of it. However, it's also significantly more expensive than the warwick, so bear that in mind.

Warwicks have a nice "growl", which makes them good for rock and metal, but they're also pretty versatile. I'd also try out a single buck corvette while you're looking as well, as you might not think the double is worth the extra cash and a single buck with active EQ can get alot of tones and good build quality for a very reasonable price. Another you might want to consider is a fender jazz bass of some kind, as they're pretty versatile too.

Anyway, try a few basses out in a shop and see what floats your boat.

Single buck? I think you mean standard.

While they are very versatile, they still have that aggressive edge to them. Try one and see if you like it the most.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1