is it a good buy? alot of people trash these books but i want to learn about progressions & improvisations so this seems like a good buy. are there any better books on the same subject?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
If you want to learn about progressions and improv, look into the Aebersold series. There's about 70 books in it right now, starting with basic improv over basic progressions and gets pretty in depth later on.
My Gear:
Godin BG V and BG IV
GK 1001RB w/ 4x10 RBH
Palatino Upright
Ibanez Talman Artcore
Godin LG
Washburn Acoustic
Godin Classical
Traynor YCV80

Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
is it a good buy? alot of people trash these books but i want to learn about progressions & improvisations so this seems like a good buy. are there any better books on the same subject?

For what you want to learn no, it won't be much good at all. The guitar grimoire is pretty much just a reference work, it's full of patterns and stuff but has very little information on the theory behind them..
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok, do you have any suggestions on better books? kinda looking for beginers/intermediate level stuff, not too easy cause i know a few basic things but not to advanced that i wont know whats goin on.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I own this book personally. It's not good. The most you'll get out of it is in the first couple pages. It's a review of what you should know. The other 300 pages are lists of chord progressions. I'm not lying.

What do you want to know? MT can help out
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
jamey aebersold vol 1 'how to play jazz and improvise' will most likely be loads of help as far as improvisation goes.