hi all, i'm thinking of buying a new guitar, it is jackson dxmg, but the only prob is some people tell me that the emg-hz pickups are bad, is that true? btw i play metal, and am intermediate player, i have a marshall mg10cd,am going to buy better one soon, is that guitar the one for me ? or should i buy smth else?
thx all
I just sold a DXMG, and I kinda regret it. I know with those guitars you'll sometimes get crap ones, so I went and tried a bunch out. The EMG-HZ pickups didn't work for what I wanted them for, but some people do like that. I liked the DXMG much more then the DK2 when I tried it as well.

You can always change pickups too..
i am thinking of buying it and if i don't like the pickups i will change them into emg 81 85 active pickups, so wt do you think?, and the pickups on the dk2 are very cheap like 50$ or smth like that i can buy them, but i think that emg are better, thx alot all for your help
You have a Marshall MG. It is a cheap solid state amp , therefore the pickups will not make that much of a difference. Get what is more comfortable to you.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
EMG are not better snce your an SS it's going to sound sterile.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
pinky19, i think that you are really pinky , i told you am changing them, any way am going to get it thx all for the help
Quote by Rashdan
pinky19, i think that you are really pinky , i told you am changing them, any way am going to get it thx all for the help

Yes. I am Pinky. I don't know if you were insulting me or not, but I still say get what feels the best. You can change the pickups when you get a better amp, but you will have trouble changing the neck or body to something more comfortable.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

i think it well be good body and neck, any way i wasn't insulting u , i was just kidding, thx for the replay
I'm selling one, and honestly, the only reason i'm selling it is because I wanna upgrade a bit and need the cash. Awesome guitar, plays nicely, good action. Bought it used, so the original pickups aren't in there, but some other set I dont know much about. They do the job, though. New DXMGs can run you around 450, but i'm selling mine for 250 due to some of the parts being non-stock, and its used status.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
I'm selling one, and honestly, the only reason i'm selling it is because I wanna upgrade a bit and need the cash. Awesome guitar, plays nicely, good action. Bought it used, so the original pickups aren't in there, but some other set I dont know much about. They do the job, though. New DXMGs can run you around 450, but i'm selling mine for 250 due to some of the parts being non-stock, and its used status.

I have a DX10D and love mine. TS, if you have played one and liked it I would recommend buying his. 250 is a pretty good deal and would leave you with enough money to buy a HS case.

$100 to change the bridge pickup to 81a, then you will love it. If you need a neck pickup, the set 81/85 with pots is about $200. These guitars have nice necks.
I have this guitar and I play it through a Marshall MG50. I love the feel of the guitar and the HZ's sound fine going through that amp. I'll probably upgrade the pickups once I get a nice tube amp. I don't really have plans to sell it any time soon.
I'll ship it in a hardshell if you pay for one...otherwise i'll probably ship it in a gig bag in a wooden box filled with packing peanuts. both the box and the empty space (not much) in gig bag. Or something. I havent figured out how im going to ship it quite yet. But i assure you i'll find a safe way to do it, if you buy.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300