I have an Austin Standard Strat knockoff. its a hunk of shit and i replaced it already with an epiphone les paul standard. Instead of throwing it away is it worth putting some decent pickups in there? I have a Marshall Valvestate 65r ( old one not the new digital version) Oh and the guitar is made of hardwood.
no
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
Hah, SG Rocker's sig sums this up perfectly. Your money is best spent on a new strat down the road.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I've got the SAME guitar dude... I know it's a hunk of shit, but it was my first guitar so I love it to death.
In my opinion, always get a really good amp before trying to upgrade your guitar, but that's just my humble opinion.
its not gonna give u a good tone but if u wnat to replace them for some practice moding then yah go ahead
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
If you like the feel of the guitar then maybe get some GFS ones or something. Don't waste money on SDs or anything though. That would be ridiculous.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
If you think you would use it, then yes. It's important to consider how much it will cost though. I have a Hondo Strat that I put new tuners in, and new pickups. While I'm happy with it, and it plays well, it cost alot more than i thought it would...
once you get a better amp, go for it... good practice with modding and stuff...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
... good practice with modding and stuff...

That would be the only reason. As a tech learner. Other then that no way. Any decent pickup would probably be more then the worth of the guitar. Wouldn't be much value in that.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD