ok guys my work usually from what i been hearing passes out a nice christmas bonus. i mean like a couple grand for each employee. so i'm looking at getting a new guitar and or amp. guitars i have been mainly looking at are high end fenders, and high end 7 strings. more than likely i will go with a fender possibly eric johnson signature. for amps i have been looking at fender supersonic,egnater tourmaster,orange amps, and bogner amps. i'm leaning more towards the supersonic and egnater for amps though, considering they are more in my price range. i'm looking for a classic rock/ violin sounding setup. one of the reasons i'm going with eric johnson sig. i hear it has a mid conture mod, which with help from his amps/pedals gives it more of a vilon sound. now other than that i know that i would enjoy a fender guitar with 69 pickups so thats my other option. I play alot of hendrix type stuff and those seem like perfect pickups. for budget lets just say 3 grand total. that includes amp/guitar package. your thoughts on my choices please.

for those who don't like reading 3 grand budget
higher end fender, thinking eric johnson sig or fender loaded with 69 pickups
fender supersonic or egnater tourmaster most likely for amps
Trying to get a classic rock sound with sustain for days
Just to add i already had a ebow and sold it cause it just wasn't my thing
dollars, sorry i thought this was mostly a american forum, why i said it so generic.
Quote by fender
dollars, sorry i thought this was mostly a american forum, why i said it so generic.

Haha lol, well, technically it's Russian as the owners of the site are Russian.

Anyway, I think a Fender American Strat + Fender Supersonic + maybe a delay pedal to thicken the tone would be appropriate for what you play.
youre looking at a high end fender and your amp is a VJ?

jog on

go for the amp first

o, dont anticipate your pay either
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
He says he was thinking of a Supersonic. Great amp btw. Maybe look at some Marshall clones too for an amp. Ceriatone maybe?
Not really a guitar guy so I can't help you there.
But Ceriatone is deifently worth looking into for Classic rock stuff
a guy i work with that does the same job as me got 7 grand the other year. at the bare minimum i am expecting $1500 plus. they pass out up to 15 grand a person from what i'm hearing from multiple sources. if my bonus is the minimum of course i will go with amp.
anyones thoughts on the egnater tourmaster? i heard it, didn't care for the cleans. though maybe person playing it didn't dial eq right or something. but for the metal side i'm thinking the egnater can out gain the supersonic. correct me if i'm wrong. If i'm spending this kind of money on gear i want it to be perfect for what i'm looking for. which is a versitile amp that excels at blues/classic rock, with enough headroom to gig. At the same time providing jazz cleans and death metal gains with help from od pedal if needed. this is asking a lot i know, but when you're spending $1300+ on a amp combo/head i would expect it to be able to handle wide category of music.
Quote by fender
anyones thoughts on the egnater tourmaster? i heard it, didn't care for the cleans. though maybe person playing it didn't dial eq right or something. but for the metal side i'm thinking the egnater can out gain the supersonic. correct me if i'm wrong. If i'm spending this kind of money on gear i want it to be perfect for what i'm looking for. which is a versitile amp that excels at blues/classic rock, with enough headroom to gig. At the same time providing jazz cleans and death metal gains with help from od pedal if needed. this is asking a lot i know, but when you're spending $1300+ on a amp combo/head i would expect it to be able to handle wide category of music.

Mesa of some sort?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
hmm mesa? when i think of that brand all i can picture is just a metal sound. to tell you the truth i only have heard the rectoverbs and mark series. i always hear alot of praise for fender cleans. which is one reason i was looking at the supersonic. its suppose to be one of the highest gain fenders. I have od pedals which could boost it into more of a metal setting when needed. I am mainly focusing on a blues/classic rock type of tone though. there is a side of me that likes to play metal, but recently i have made couple fuzz box purchases and i'm trying to go back to where it all started. hendrix,clapton,srv, just to name a few of my inspirations.
Th supersonic is high gain for a fender, but that's not saying much. Actually, You should look into a Splawn Quickrod. It's 1850 for the head, but it is AMAZING. It can get pretty damn heavy but still can do hard rock. Although if you are mainly focusing on classic rock, the Superstock is better. You'll need a boost for metal but it also really great. With an Avatar cab, that'll run you maybe 2100? It'll be worth it though, most of you tone comes from your amp. Put the rest of the money away and save for a new guitar. You already have a good one.
thats really streching the budget though considering wife will probably kill me for spending around 1300-1500 on a amp as is. if i bumped that up to around 2 grand i would never hear the end of it. the most i have spent on a single piece of gear is around $400. I forgot to mention i'm just a at home kind of player, main reason i have basically practice amps like my vj and microcube. I'm also the kind of player that cares alot about his tone though.
May I suggest the Hughes & Kettner Quad EL84 combo (if you can afford then the Dual EL34 head)? It's got great cleans but the overdrive is really where it shines. From clips I've heard I definietly say it's way better than the supersonic's lead channel.

Pair it with a high end fender stratocaster and you're in heaven .
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5