Hi,

I'm looking for a Les Paul under $850.

I'm mostly playing AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Ozzy Osbourne things but also blues or even metal sometimes. Therefore i'd like it to be quite versatile.

Any recommandations ? Agiles,Epi maybe ?
High end Epi, or used LP Studio would be my best bet
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by lokster
High end Epi, or used LP Studio would be my best bet

High end Epi = Ultra II, Standard Plus and Custom ?
epi ultra i think is the price range youre lookin for?
used elitist if you can find one.
Quote by tona_107
epi ultra i think is the price range youre lookin for?
used elitist if you can find one.

If your going to buy an elitist then just buy a gibson.
Althought with Gibsons quality control an elitist could end up being better than a gibson. You should look for some Burny Les Pauls on ebay. I have an epi custom and its a great guitar id get a custom and give it a new bridge and some SD pickups and youd have a nice les paul. However make sure when purchasing your les paul to stop by your local CVS and get some back pills.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
go on ebay and search for Edwards
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
You won't be dissappointed with a AL3000/31000 for the price you'd pay for one, if you choose not to go with an agile, I'd go with an Ultra-II or find a used elitist.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
you best get an Epi Les Paul.....they are very nice instruments and very much like the original gibson ones.
In my GC catalouge they are selling worn brown and worn cherry LPs Studios for $800 USD, and then theres a 10% coupon so you could get them for cheaper.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by shredforbread33
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ART300-Electric-Guitar?sku=518065

Best buy period. Save your money and buy some pedals or a new amp.

wrong! its gonna be hard to get more then acceptable blues tones out of that and im 100% sure he can find a load of things better considering his price is almost double that!
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
epi elitist > gibby studio
but if you cant get a used elitist.
I'd go with the epi custom.
but thats just me.
You'd have an extra 100 ish to spend on pedals and whatsuch.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by gstacey1
wrong! its gonna be hard to get more then acceptable blues tones out of that and im 100% sure he can find a load of things better considering his price is almost double that!

Maybe so. But why spend money on something that is over priced and doesn't stand close to something half the price..
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Brian8878682
If your going to buy an elitist then just buy a gibson.
Althought with Gibsons quality control an elitist could end up being better than a gibson. You should look for some Burny Les Pauls on ebay. I have an epi custom and its a great guitar id get a custom and give it a new bridge and some SD pickups and youd have a nice les paul. However make sure when purchasing your les paul to stop by your local CVS and get some back pills.

Wrong, advice in this thread fails.
I would way rather have a quality instrument than a quality name on the headstock. To buy an equivalent Gibson to an epiphone elitist you'd have to drop at least half a grand more.
I wouldn't buy a new gibson unless I had an unlimited budget.
Last edited by tona_107 at Oct 26, 2008,
Agile guitars. Al-3000 is around $380. DEFINATELY not a disappointing buy, very versatile, and sound much better than any Epiphone or low end Gibson Les Paul out there. Epiphone and Gibson have FAILED in recent years, and Agile is picking them up.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Agile AL-3000 for sure. I have one and have never been disappointed with it
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by tona_107
Wrong, advice in this thread fails.
I would way rather have a quality instrument than a quality name on the headstock. To buy an equivalent Gibson to an epiphone elitist you'd have to drop at least half a grand more.
I wouldn't buy a new gibson unless I had an unlimited budget.

Yea thats what I said? I started off saying then u might as well get a gibson but then I said that the way gibson has been lately you would get a better guitar going with the elitist.
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
Quote by Brian8878682
Yea thats what I said? I started off saying then u might as well get a gibson but then I said that the way gibson has been lately you would get a better guitar going with the elitist.

Huh ? What's wrong with Gibson or even Epiphone lately ?

Quote by Cody_Grey102
Agile guitars. Al-3000 is around $380. DEFINATELY not a disappointing buy, very versatile, and sound much better than any Epiphone or low end Gibson Les Paul out there. Epiphone and Gibson have FAILED in recent years, and Agile is picking them up.

Thanks for Agile advices... Those sound interesting, the only problem is that in France (where i currently live), i can't hardly find any Agile guitars in guitar stores and I'd really like to try one before picking it so...