which of these eq's is better, i guess what i mean is is the extra features of the 10 band worth the money?
any other eq's that i should look at?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
10 band is better, i have one
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
The ten band is much better, not only do you get more bands, you get the volume and gain sliders, which make it extremely versatile. You can use it like a standard eq, a clean boost, or even turn it in to an overdrive with a mid hump ala ts808. Great tool, comes with a power supply too which seems rare for pedals, but necessary since an eq like this would demolish batteries.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by dm1925
10 band is better, i have one

OPINION VOID

just to be hypocritical, i got a 6 band yesterday and im happy with it

it has 18db of boost so the loss of a level slider isnt too bad

either way im not dropping £100 on a pedal so the 6 is for me

look at the maxon rip off, it has 6 or 7 bands but it has a level slider too, its piced midway between the 2 MXRs too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Over here, the 10 band is only forty bucks more at 120$ I don't know how different the prices are over there, but there's really no reason not to get it.

Every slider has 12 dbs, so the band boost, the volume and the gain boost together you have a max of 36dbs. I don't even know why they make the 6 band.

Edit: And also, shouldn't your opinion be voided since you own the 6 band? Since when can't you recommend gear you own?
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Oct 26, 2008,
i paid £50 for the 6 and the KK 10 band was £100

i despise US gear pricing >__>

EDIT: ^the best reviews/recomendations come from people who own the gear, but to simply say something is awesome and they own it with no reasoning is a waste of time

an in depth unbiased review is great
O, you're looking at the wrong one, that one is extra for the name and the worthless stereo output. The original ten band is probably 70 pounds.

Edit to your edit: Point taken
Quote by Kevin Saale
O, you're looking at the wrong one, that one is extra for the name and the worthless stereo output. The original ten band is probably 70 pounds.

guitarguitar only really stock the KK one

the normal 10 band is still £100+ else i would have obviously got it
Wow, that sucks, in that case you're definitely better off. It's a good piece of gear, but not worth that much.
I have the 10 which i'm happy with never tried the 6. Do use the volume function quite a bit though. can crank the gain and still adjust the volume down. Perfect for the Vj.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
so with the inclusion of it, i'm thinking this is how my future pedalboard will like like:
Amp  Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner  (EFFECTS LOOP START) MXR 10 Band EQ  Boss DD-7 Digital Delay  Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus (EFFECTS LOOP END)  Maxon OD-808 Tubescreamer  Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff  MXR Phase 90 with R28 and C11 and C12 mods  Dunlop GCB-95 Original Crybaby Wah MODDED for more vocal features/more mids/bigger sweep rang  ISP Decimator Noise Suppression Pedal

another question, i've heard people put isp's in the effects loop, i'm guessing the only advantage of that is that it would cut more pre amp noise?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
why not go in the order of the signal, guitar>>>amp?

i havent tried mine in the FX loop yet =0

my other EQ got better OD in front of the amp than in the loop
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
why not go in the order of the signal, guitar>>>amp?

i havent tried mine in the FX loop yet =0

my other EQ got better OD in front of the amp than in the loop

it gets confusing cuz its backwards

i heard somewhere that they work better in the loop
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
It depends, with the HRD I had it was worthless in the loop, but with my mesa it's worthless in front of the amp.
Quote by Kevin Saale
It depends, with the HRD I had it was worthless in the loop, but with my mesa it's worthless in front of the amp.

ah alright, well i'm still pretty set on the jcm 900, although i'll see if it works better out in front or in the loop
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I have the 10 band and the 32 Hz/16KHz dont do anything really but.....the two other bands that are not on the 6 is worth the extra price IMO. Like Saale said it's useless in front of my Mesa but in the loop it is amazing, all I have to do is breath on the sliders and it changes the tone instintly.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
^I agree with the low one, but the 16khz is pretty handy if your amp doesn't have a presence control.