Hey just asking has anyone tried this amp or is it any good. Been playing for 3 years SICK of tube amps (always seem to break on me), have a budget of £300, play metal (mainly death metal and thrash) but also like to play a little folk and psychedellic on the side. Qant something loud enough to gig with but also has no fuss computer recording like the vypyr apprently has. So here's the criteria if the vypyr is donkey c*ck cheers for the help guys .
Last edited by axe_thrasher at Oct 26, 2008,
Dude, don't bump after ten minutes. I thought the vypyr wasn't very good, but many people like them. I'd take a cube 60 over it any day, but I don't know how much they cost on that side of the pond.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
like £200 for the amp n £100 for the bigger footpedal. Fair enough whats wrong with them? Sorry fro bumpin im goin to a party in a sec so kinda in a hurry .
^Nothing is wrong with it, I just didn't like the way it sounds and all the options. I'm more of a guitar to 1 or 2 pedals to amp kind of guy, the vypyr is way too fancy. I prefer tube amps too since they are much more dynamic and pleasing to the ears. My opinion really shouldn't mean much on this amp since it goes against everything I prefer in an amp.
Haha fair enough then man. Im kinda the opposite used to like the same as you but have gooton more experimental recently XD.
Dude, quite bumping the thread, if any cares to suggest something they will.
The Vypyrs are good amps but like the Valveking they need a speaker upgrade. They come with Peavey Blue Marvel speakers and they're not awful but my amp sounds alot better with the Celestion speaker in it. I guess they cheaped out on the speaker to keep the price lower. The speaker is the only complaint I've got with the Vypyr the rest of the amp is really good.
The vox ads are good amps for classic rock / metal kinda tones.
Its Getting Better All The Time