The true duo pickup system in the Ibanez S gutiars has been interesting me lately. I've been wondering if I could possibly make Evolution pickups have the same true-duo abilities, because I'm more into the RG guitars and DiMarzio pickups rather than the S guitars and Ibanez pickups.
I know hardly anything about this, sorry, but I was wondering is this could be do-able.
Thanks.
Quote by Wingate
The true duo pickup system in the Ibanez S gutiars has been interesting me lately. I've been wondering if I could possibly make Evolution pickups have the same true-duo abilities, because I'm more into the RG guitars and DiMarzio pickups rather than the S guitars and Ibanez pickups.
I know hardly anything about this, sorry, but I was wondering is this could be do-able.
Thanks.

More like "is this duo-able" amirite

but yeah. All DiMarzios are coil-splittable, if that's what you mean by True-Duo. The difference is that the S series pickups are made to sound more like single coils when split. If you coil-split a regular DiMarzio, it doesn't really sound single-coily. It sounds more like an SC than regular humbucking mode, but it won't really cut it if you need an authentic tone. If you just want the options the split does sound "good", but no one will mistake it for strat territory.
My Gear
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG520QS
'78 Ibanez Les Paul copy
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Fender Telecaster
Vantage Semihollow
Line6 AX2 212 combo modeling amplifier
Quote by Wingate
Thanks.
the pickups are built differently in a true-duo model.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/product_news/pages/2006/trueduo/index_e.html
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Wouldn't you need an Evo schematic that you could accurately reproduce in the size of a SC slot, and then a schem for the Evo SC that you can fit into the same pickup ring? Or maybe just two Evo SCs with reverse polarities that are next to each other and can be joined much like a bridge-middle in a Strat?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Huh, thanks everybody for shedding some light on the subject for me, I appreciate it.
It's something I'll definately look more into in the future and see if it's completely 'duo-able', lol.
If anyone else has some constructive feedback about this I'd appreciate to learn more thoughts on it.
Oh, and does anyone know how good the edge zero bridge is, off topic, but I was just wondering.
I've heard it's one of the best Ibanez makes nowadays, but many people aren't happy with the quality of their products lately, so even those are being trumped by Gotoh trems for people building their own guitars. But If you're gonna get an Ibanez, the original ZR and the new Edge Zero are some of the best trems they have.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores