Page 1 of 2
I thought this might be a nice idea.

I have recently found out, after much concern of friends, that I am, to some extent, dependent on alcohol. I am not an alcoholic, but if I keep drinking, I will become one.

However, this thread is not about me, or my problems.

This thread is about targets.

I decided to set an aim for myself. I shall not drink intoxicating substances of any form for four weeks. That's until the 23rd of November. That should pretty much solve it for me.

Remember when Cas decided to keep away from all drugs including alcohol and cigarettes for an extended period of time? I remember how everyone got together to help him out to encourage him. And it was good.

Once again, this thread is not about me. This thread is about setting goals and targets.

Think about it! If you want to gain muscle, lose weight, quit smoking, tell someone something, we can all make these aims right here. The best aims will include a start and finish and could include something measurable. We all got aims and goals that we want to try to achieve, and we could do them here.

Since today, I have been free of alcohol, and will remain so for four weeks. I will manage this.

Tell us what you want to do, and we'll help you out.
Im not doing any sort of drugs until my semester is up in December either. hopefully i'll feel better and my grades will get better.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Well mine isn't really difficult or anything big, just getting the nerves to submit my application to the modelling agency. I keep putting it off.
Go for it dude, the very best in your endeavours. I promise I shall not fall asleep in any more vibrational dynamics lecturers.
Quote by dartmaster
Well mine isn't really difficult or anything big, just getting the nerves to submit my application to the modelling agency. I keep putting it off.

I went into your profile expecting to see a hot chick...
I'd like to start loving myself but I don't know how that's going to work exactly, and due to certain 'lovely' people of UG it's probably not possible either.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I wanna get preparing for my move early next year, but I can never be arsed to even begin. I need some nagging!
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by nrc141
sober is taking the easy way out...

Because resisting addiction potential and peer pressure is for pussies.

I'd like to start loving myself but I don't know how that's going to work exactly, and due to certain 'lovely' people of UG it's probably not possible either.

Am I lovely?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

hah
Quote by LordBishek
Because resisting addiction potential and peer pressure is for pussies.

Either way you will be fitting into a stereotype. Best to just do wtf you want and not care what other people do. I have friends who smoke pot and drink and what not all the time. I hang out with them but only smoke / drink when i fill like it.

Grow some balls and learn to do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. Only then are you truly in control.
Quote by PureRockNRoll
Either way you will be fitting into a stereotype. Best to just do wtf you want and not care what other people do. I have friends who smoke pot and drink and what not all the time. I hang out with them but only smoke / drink when i fill like it.

Grow some balls and learn to do whatever you want whenever you feel like it. Only then are you truly in control.

Exactly my point. Except he's decided to go sober, so we already know what he wants to do. My three best friends are pot heads. I've not tried it, and I don't really feel the need to, so I get what you mean. Non-conforming is conforming.

Anyway, I just get pissed off by people who feel the need to tell others how to enjoy themselves.
Am I lovely?
If you'd read my new blog already you'd know the answer to this

Quote by PureRockNRoll
hah

Err....?
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Stop trying to love yourself.

Take pride in your work, take pride in your music, take pride in your art, take pride with your friends, take pride with your life.

Once you've done this, you'll be loving yourself, and everything else, without even trying.
I need to get a girlfriend seriously, I guess switching off the laptop would be a start. Hopefully i'll have a girlfriend by christmas.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
I need to get a girlfriend seriously, I guess switching off the laptop would be a start. Hopefully i'll have a girlfriend by christmas.

I'll get you one for Christmas, wrapped and everything.

If she's dead when you open her, it's in your hands not mine.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
If you'd read my new blog already you'd know the answer to this

Err....?

Blog? What bl-

*rushes to Reva's blogs*

Quote by saphrax
Stop trying to love yourself.

Take pride in your work, take pride in your music, take pride in your art, take pride with your friends, take pride with your life.

Once you've done this, you'll be loving yourself, and everything else, without even trying.

If it were that simple... well I wouldn't have needed to post here I guess >__<

Quote by LordBishek

Blog? What bl-

*rushes to Reva's blogs*

Quote by SteveHouse
I want to start doing my f*cking work occasionally, try not to antagonize people so much, stop being such a lippy bastard. Etc.
I have three aims, none of which are going to work.

1. Stabilise my diet, and stop letting things affect whether I'm binging or crashing, because it's having an effect on my mood, and I'm being horrible to people who don't deserve it.
2. Stabilise my smoking, because it's also affected by my mood, and I switch between laying off for days, and smoking my throat raw in an hour or two.
3. Stabilise my drinking, same exact reasons.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by minibrowny
I want to start doing my f*cking work occasionally, try not to antagonize people so much, stop being such a lippy bastard. Etc.

Be we love you for it... or maybe that's just me. Or maybe further still I know that you're there at heart?

Something like that.

Ah luff yew minismelleh. You smell of teh rosies and unicorns.

Quote by rabidguitarist
I have three aims, none of which are going to work.

1. Stabilise my diet, and stop letting things affect whether I'm binging or crashing, because it's having an effect on my mood, and I'm being horrible to people who don't deserve it.
2. Stabilise my smoking, because it's also affected by my mood, and I switch between laying off for days, and smoking my throat raw in an hour or two.
3. Stabilise my drinking, same exact reasons.

I think you can do it
I sure hope it all goes to plan anyway because you're a nice lad as well when it comes down to it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Oct 26, 2008,
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Be we love you for it... or maybe that's just me. Or maybe further still I know that you're there at heart?

Something like that.

Ah luff yew minismelleh. You smell of teh rosies and unicorns.

Who knows, I seem to make too many faux pas lately. And I don't smell of roses, or unicorns for that matter at the moment. I smell of victory.

VICTOOOOOORY!

About what I'm not sure.
Quote by Minkaro
1. I WILL start doing half an hour guitar practise a day.
2. I WILL start going to the gym (again)
3. I WILL go and see the football practise bloke
4. I WILL stop capitalising the word "will"

Adam! I will encourage you with the news that:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MFnmT82yGpk

I am determined to get a best friend who is a girl, by the end of the year.. I believe i am going in the right directions..

also i want to at least kiss a girl by the end of the year.. but i'm lame so probably wont happen..

There the only two i have at the moment. I think the first ones possible, but since i'm an ugly, short, fat bastard the second one isnt.. unless i can bring alcohol into play

EDIT: oh yeah i want to get into shape, or get rid of el gutto(my fat bastard belly)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
I am determined to get a best friend who is a girl, by the end of the year.. I believe i am going in the right directions..

also i want to at least kiss a girl by the end of the year.. but i'm lame so probably wont happen..

There the only two i have at the moment. I think the first ones possible, but since i'm an ugly, short, fat bastard the second one isnt.. unless i can bring alcohol into play

EDIT: oh yeah i want to get into shape, or get rid of el gutto(my fat bastard belly)

So i'm guessing the avatars a picture of you then!
only joking if you're confident the girls will like you. The chances are that you aren't a short, fat, ugly bastard, but you just put yourself down way too much.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by will123456789

dont think about it too much, just when the time feels sorta right go for it. how bad could it end up?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
well, someone was bound to say this eventually but im actually serious about it.

I want to quit fapping.

i've already gotten it down from 5+ times a day to maybe 1-2 times a week. my only problem is the weekends cuz i'm home alone and get bored easy. then i find pr0nz and its all downhill from there.
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Quote by LordBishek
Go for it dude, the very best in your endeavours. I promise I shall not fall asleep in any more vibrational dynamics lecturers.

Anyway, a lot of bad vibes already. If anyone wants to serious rant into their problems, go ahead and be emo. We'll help you out and we'll see how this goes.
Quote by Silence&Requiem
well, someone was bound to say this eventually but im actually serious about it.

I want to quit fapping.

i've already gotten it down from 5+ times a day to maybe 1-2 times a week. my only problem is the weekends cuz i'm home alone and get bored easy. then i find pr0nz and its all downhill from there.

In all fairness it does fight against prostate cancer.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

this is futile, but i will play jazz classical and blues piano in a year
Hm... aside from the goals I've already said, lose a tiny bit of weight from my tummy. Not too much though. I'm fine with being chubby, I prefer it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Page 1 of 2