Dear Dr. Pit,

I've had a dead taste bud (its kinda like an ulcer on the tip of my tongue, but google told me it was called that) for about 3 days now and it's hurting like a mother fAcker. I spent all day friday trying to bite it off at school, but I think that just made it worse; and now I'm trying to numb it with ice.

Anyone had one of these? Anyone have any (good) suggestions to make it leave me alone?
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
put salt on it, it hurts like hell but it'll make it go.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Icy hot?
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
just wait for it to go away. You can go to a dentist and they can try burning them off. It doesn't work for everyone and can make it worst. There is also medicine you can get to put on them (my dad uses it because he gets them all the time), but i am not sure what it is called and you would have to get a prescription from a doctor for it.
Quote by Colgate Total
You could try by going to a doctor, and not being a dumb ass and asking us.

It it were a bit more serious I would take your advice here and go to the doctor, but its just a sore on my tongue. No need to be a smart ass.

Quote by PureRockNRoll
just wait for it to go away. You can go to a dentist and they can try burning them off. It doesn't work for everyone and can make it worst. There is also medicine you can get to put on them (my dad uses it because he gets them all the time), but i am not sure what it is called and you would have to get a prescription from a doctor for it.

Do you know how long it takes for it to go away?
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Eat a lot of curry.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Go at it with a knife and/or blowtorch. If that fails go to a doctor.

Quote by thrashmetal101
It it were a bit more serious I would take your advice here and go to the doctor

If it were a bit more serious I'd give you a more reasonable response.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
stay away from acidic foods
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
stay away from acidic foods

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Acid, that'll burn it right off.

We have a conflict here.
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
I've had one of those. Just take tweezers to it. It'll hurt a bit, sure, but it's better than all these other dumb responses.
Oh, and drink some vodka afterwards.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Stop being a puff and wait it out, they only last for a few days anyway and they barely hurt.
Quote by c_man471
The Pit =/= Medical Experts

Speak for yourself...

Yep.. You're gonna have to contract aids to get extra Good bacteria to fight against the commie blood cells..
If you bite it off it will leave a white scar. A guy I know bit his off.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by fender_696
bonjela

This

+ avoid very spicy/sour/sweet foods , clean your teeth and should go away in the next few days.

My aunt brought me home 2 packs of ice breaker sours from America and i ate them in about a day, got a really bad dead taste bud for about 5 days

Worth it.
I've never heard of this... pics?
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I got them all over my tounge from having 6 cinnamon breath strips within 2 hours.
Don't do that.

Basically, stay away from spicy stuff. Try numbing it with ice. It will eventually go away. When I got them all over my tounge, it took about a week for them all to go away.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
I'm pretty sure I get those occasionally. Actually, my most recent one reached its prime of pain yesterday, and i had forgotten about until just now, so I guess it's gone. It'll go away by itself, probably in a day or two if you've already had it for 3 days.
Ignore it, do not bite it, you will soon go to feel it again and find out it has dissapeared
Quote by Colgate Total
You could try by going to a doctor, and not being a dumb ass and asking us.

Well seeing as i have had experiences with horrible ulcers and he is confused i could contribute to this thread, thus a quick answer will be given without wasting time by going to the doctors and being told it is nothing, seriously you "pit is not a doctor" fags are the worst.
This happens to me a lot. Just leave it. It hurts like hell for 2 days, at the most, then every day it hurts less, until it disappears.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Putting a tab of lsd on it will make the pain disappear in 40 min - an hour
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.