Poll: Should my friend get his "commission"?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should my friend get his "commission"?
Yes
26 16%
No
135 84%
Voters: 161.
Page 1 of 2
A friend and I have a little business going on selling imported products from Asia (not drugs). We purchased 15 pieces altogether. The total price of all of the goods was $371; he put in $100 and I put in $271,
so:
-He paid 27% of the captial
-I paid 73%

Sounds nice and dandy, right? With the prices we sell them at, $750 was expected for our total outcome after selling, which leaves us with $379 profit. If we split everything according to how much % we each put in originally, it'd be like this:

-I get 73% of the sales money,$547.75
-He'd get 27%, $202.50

Here's where the problem begins.

About halfway through selling our inventory, he decides to come up with a commission fee for himself, saying that he deserves $250 instead of $200 for selling to more customers than I did. As of now, I have sold to four customers and he has sold to seven.

I've talked to this with many other people and the only one who agrees about the "commission" is him. I really don't think that commission would be applicable to selling electronic devices on school campus; there is little/no work involved in it and therefore there should be a very tiny amount of commission if at all. Should he have his +$50/6% commission or should I tell him that this is outright unfair and that everyone should have an amount equal to what he put in?

If it helps, he is Jewish.

EDIT: Woops, my bad if I offended anyone. It's a running joke around my school based on the stereotype to tease him a bit about it. Didn't know so many people would get upset.
Last edited by ih8u2 at Oct 26, 2008,
Well what the flying fuck do you want us to do about it?!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
just ditch your friend you could make more.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I believe that if you paid more initially, then you are entitled to more of the profit. And if he maintains his position then you should find a new partner to sell... imported Asian goods.

and lol, so far there's one yes. I bet it's his friend.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
he should get his percentage, no more- otherwise you lose out
Sounds fair to me. He sold like twice what you sold. Basically if he sold the same amount as you then noone is getting any money.

All depends on what the deal was at the beginning. From the sound of it neither of you talked about how you were going to split up the profit and you just assumed that you would get the same percent you put in.
Last edited by PureRockNRoll at Oct 26, 2008,
He can't just make up a rule about commission after he realises that he's selling more.

If you'd agreed beforehand that whichever sold more would get commission then fair enough, but he's making up rules as he goes along so no.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
What a greedy bastard (I'm talking about your friend).
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

well dude, do you like him??

cuz i guarantee he won't be your friend anymore if you don't give the fool a comish.
Do NOT look behind you.
I can see his point considering he sold more, BUT, if he's only brought this up afterwards then, it shouldnt count.
Honestly, is 6% really that much of a difference?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by c_man471
well dude, do you like him??

cuz i guarantee he won't be your friend anymore if you don't give the fool a comish.

He's a nice guy but he's really greedy and coincidentally he is Jewish. Most people say this commission fee comes from his Jewish nature .
Quote by SLD.Potato
Honestly, is 6% really that much of a difference?

uhh he said $50.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Did you guys write down a contract before beginning any of this?

ALways, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make a conract and sign it BEFORE starting any business that involves someone other than you. No matter who they are. That is how you prevent this kind of shit.

If you don't have a contract, you can cry all day about how his commission is not fair for whatever you reason you want but it still is just your word against his.

At least from a legal standpoint. Which is why you ALWAYS sign a contract before this kind of thing.
Last edited by Seryaph at Oct 26, 2008,
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Jewish.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Well that's dumb.

It's not been agreed to beforehand, when you bought these goods to sell, so tell him to ask for it next time. When he pitches the idea again next time, find yourself a new business partner.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Seryaph

ALways, ALWAYS, ALWAYS make a conract and sign it BEFORE starting any business that involves someone other than you. No matter who they are. That is how you prevent this kind of shit.

If you don't have a contract, you can cry all day about how his commission is not fair for whatever you reason you want but it still is just your word against his.

No, we didn't. Thanks for the advice though, I'll definitely make sure to do that next time.
Quote by ih8u2
He's a nice guy but he's really greedy and coincidentally he is Jewish. Most people say this commission fee comes from his Jewish nature .

give him the comish this time but next time say either he gets what he puts in or he's out of the operation.
Do NOT look behind you.
oh, well if he's Jewish.....
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by Seryaph

Dis is good.

Btw, if he's a jewish....

He's going to do EVERYTHING to make profit in a legal way. Those guys know alot of tricks to make profits and all. He just did it in front of you, he spent left money to get more in the end...

Keep in mind that I'm not beeing racist, it's kinda true. But there's still good jewish ppl... but they always have that side of their mind that is tricky profits.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Well what the flying fuck do you want us to do about it?!

Probably for us to rape/fap/circle jerk his friend.
give yourself a 94% commission fee, see if he like that.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Just remember this that if you piss him off. Next time you buy some of these and try to sell them it will take you twice as long to sell and you will end up making money slower then with him selling.
YO! I would do the same thing as your friend. If your "product" was that easy to sell then you should have split up the inventory according to the initial input percentage. From how things stand it more like you're backing his business venture and screwing him over in the profits. Either pull your own weight or give him his due diligence
i say pay him, hes doing more work and its only $50...
incubus rocks my world
Obviously you need legally binding contract involved, and very very small text at the bottom that states that upon breach he loses all stake in profits and has to conduct business henceforth in a schoolgirl uniform.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
just give him the $50 bucks if you want to keep doing this, then have him sign a contract that he no longer gets commission. If you arent gonna stay in business, dont give him shit..
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
just give him the $50 bucks if you want to keep doing this, then have him sign a contract that he no longer gets commission. If you arent gonna stay in business, dont give him shit..

I think the problem is probably if he sold almost twice as many he has all the money right now so I don't think the TS has a choice in the matter.
Quote by ih8u2
If it helps, he is Jewish.

Thanks for that, it was helpful
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
I don't get it. Why did you "invest together". Why not he buys as many as he can with his money and sells his own and you do the same with your money. End result he would have sold his and bought more and sold more and made more money then you who would still not have sold half of yours.
Page 1 of 2