Hey, I've been playing my trusty squier strat for almost a year now and decided i need a replacement. I know your meant to go out and play some guitars but i really don't know where to start. I play mostly rock with some old skool metal thrown in. got a budget of around £250, thanks.
Epiphone G400?
Ibanez SZR520?
Tokai Love Rock guitar (used)?
Ibanez RG321MH?
Fender Fat Strat (used)?
Jackson DK2 (used)?
I don't know how pounds are compared to US dollars, but try an Ibanez Mikro, it is slightly more than the Squire. If I knew the price range in US, I could probably tell you more.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
What's yer amp situation? Squiers can do tons of music and things, but only with the right amp.

God, that's getting so cliché.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i was thinking of a G400, is it worth getting a fitted neck, or is there really no differance?
I would go for a Epiphone G-400 Deluxe Flametop... they look gorgeous, sound amazing! Very good guitars! and you might still have some left.. depending on where you buy from.
(i'v seen them for as little as £199, and for as much as £259)
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
i have a (even more chliche) frontman 15g, but don't worry, a friend agreed to sell me his old vox AD15 for like £50
Oh yeah, does anyone know a good shop i could go out to and try some guitars, i live in west london
G-400
Versitile and cheap guitar. Got one and it plays brilliantly. Be careful which one you get though, some have some small problems that can ruin them a bit. And my g-string never stays in tune on it, but thats more to do with a rubbish nut on it.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Quote by crazy_v
i have a (even more chliche) frontman 15g, but don't worry, a friend agreed to sell me his old vox AD15 for like £50

That's a good deal I'd say. But yeah, a good G-400 and that amp sound like they'd be great for you.

Quote by crazy_v
Oh yeah, does anyone know a good shop i could go out to and try some guitars, i live in west london

There are plenty of famous shops in and around London you could go to. I'd see if you can find the old shop Marshall amps started out in back when it was a small custom-order shop. Guarantee if it's still there it'll have good stock.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Uhh... Any Ibanez from the RG series is pretty solid with good pricing.
The Wonder Joints.
Quote by Paydrum91
Uhh... Any Ibanez from the RG series is pretty solid with good pricing.

^Don't listen to this, or at least try one out first. The thin necks on them are really preferential(I hate them, but a bunch of people I know like them), plus anything with the Edge III trem you'll never want to use the tremolo on unless your willing to unlock it and tune it back up immediately after.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by crazy_v

Fair enough, it'll get you the tones you want.

But anyways, I'd get a G400 or a Vintage VS6, which is basically the same, but a hell of a lot cheaper, which would be a nice guitar to mod with the money left over, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. So I'd get the G400 then.
Cam Sampbell's my hero