Okay, sorry about the low quality of the pics, but I don't know how to get higher quality ones in here. The bridge on my new Mex Strat is angled, about a 16th of an inch farther back at the bottom than the top. The problem isn't in the springs, it also seems to be mounted too high up. The strings completely miss the pole pieces on the neck pickup right now, and are out of line up to the nut, which is cut correctly. I can't get the saddle on the low e far enough back to adjust the intonation correctly without cutting the spring, and I lose a ton of volume any time i play the high e string. My question is, what do I do now? Is there any way around having to fill in the old bridge mounting holes and drilling new ones? I'd just put up with it if it wasn't affecting the volume of the individual strings so much, but it's driving me crazy. I can't believe I missed that when I bought the guitar.
To clarify, though, besides the intonation issue on the low e, the guitar is perfectly playable. I tried 5 or 6 different strats, and loved the way this one played. It's just the volume issue, mainly, along with the intonation, that I want to solve, and I also don't want to be restricted to using rails for pups. What do you guys think?
Attachments:
Bridge.JPG
PupAlignment.JPG
I'd take this to a shop, there doesn't seem to be much you can do yourself, unless you want to drill some new holes and things, which wouldn't be too good.

So yeah. It just looks like a factory defect. Things happen like that happen all the time with guitars, cars, food, ornaments, etc etc.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I'd take this to a shop, there doesn't seem to be much you can do yourself, unless you want to drill some new holes and things, which wouldn't be too good.

So yeah. It just looks like a factory defect. Things happen like that happen all the time with guitars, cars, food, ornaments, etc etc.

Yeah. I do most of my stuff myself, like installing pickups and stuff, but I'm really not comfortable with remounting the bridge. And I'm nervous about taking it to a tech who i don't know. And cost is an issue too. If it needs the work, then I'll pay for it, I just wish that guitar center would discount it for me since I paid full price for the guitar.
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU HAVE THE WRONG BRIDGE?

something was changed and isnt the right part.

looks like parts were switched from a squire or no name guitar.

measure the pickup centers and the bridge spacing as well as the nut spacing & the neck thickness so it can be compared with a working guitar.

good luck.
Quote by BR0THERALEX

measure the pickup centers and the bridge spacing as well as the nut spacing & the neck thickness so it can be compared with a working guitar.

good luck.

Wait, are you saying that it looks like the parts were changed, or that's just a possibility?
Quote by BR0THERALEX

good luck.

That's a MIM bridge, you can see "Fender" on the saddles.
Quote by eurotrashed
That's a MIM bridge, you can see "Fender" on the saddles.

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, just took it to GC, they said because it was under warranty, they'd fix it for free. I'm nervous something's gonna go wrong, but I guess in a few days I'll know.
the strings dont match up to all the pickup coils right out from the bridge.

if your strings are on the bridge properly, then the bridge must be wrong.

id like to know how they fix that. please update this post
Quote by BR0THERALEX
the strings dont match up to all the pickup coils right out from the bridge.

if your strings are on the bridge properly, then the bridge must be wrong.

id like to know how they fix that. please update this post

Actually, I'm kind of disgusted about how they handled it. I took it to GC's tech, who said that it was too bad to fix without sending it back to fender. They swapped the guitar for another one that didn't have the bridge problem. Now, I'm just assuming that they're going to put the one i bought back on the floor for someone else to buy. I wanted it sent back to fender and fixed, but they stuck to their statement and just swapped me guitars. The difference is pretty big, though, especially the sound.