ive played guitar and bass for years and was thinking about getting a drum kit. should i get a 5 piece or 4 piece?
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
5 piece because im assuming your going to be playing rock metal or punk. 4 pieces or more for jazz
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Quote by fudger
get a four piece because real men play them.
i use a four piece

what do you play? that guy was right in assuming i play rock metal and punk haha
Quote by freddaahh
which would you prefer?
I say go with the 5 piece, theres more room to work with.

v-drums.com has an acoustic section for drums as well if you need any info. I think TheGearPage.net also has a drum section.

If you get a cheap kit put some good heads on it and learn to tune them. You will get some fairly good sounds out of the kit.
Quote by moody07747
which would you prefer?
I say go with the 5 piece, theres more room to work with.

v-drums.com has an acoustic section for drums as well if you need any info. I think TheGearPage.net also has a drum section.

If you get a cheap kit put some good heads on it and learn to tune them. You will get some fairly good sounds out of the kit.

i have to tune drums?
Quote by freddaahh
since when was this ultimate-drums.com ....... i am shocked by the pits reaction!

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
since when was this ultimate-drums.com ....... i am shocked by the pits reaction!

oh, im sorry. i didnt realize wanting to pursue another instrument was a crime =P
Quote by freddaahh
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
oh, im sorry. i didnt realize wanting to pursue another instrument was a crime =P

never said it was dude i play more than one instrument myself.
I was just picking up on how the pit usually rapes people for asking about drums

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
5-piece.

Because you can turn a 5-piece into a 4-piece easily, but not the other 'round.

Also:

4-piece's are VERY common in rock and 'specially punk. IDK what weak Mexican hash you guys are smokin'.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
what do you play? that guy was right in assuming i play rock metal and punk haha

i have this kit:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ddrum-Dominion-Player-AMX-4-Piece-Drum-Shell-Pack-449393-i1320901.gc

for heads i use Remo pinstripes and i use Sabian AAX for cymbals

any other others you have ill try to answer them...