Im a prog rock head big ass fan of Muse, Radiohead. I wanna know where Matt gets his inspiration for writng. Its brilliant! I wanna learn how to write like that. Anyone know??? Like tips for Writing with inspiration like Bellamy??? Inspiration sources?? thanks!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Matt is very dark in his writing and he is an open Atheist so as you can see in Absolution's songs his writing is very End of the World-esque style. Matt combines the sounds of classical piano with prog rock and dance pop in Black Holes but as for his lyric writing it's really all about what crazy thing is going on in his head at the time, so it's not like you can re-create it but still that whole apocalypse thing can help you out.

Hope that helped
Quote by Scumbag1792
Matt is very dark in his writing and he is an open Atheist so as you can see in Absolution's songs his writing is very End of the World-esque style. Matt combines the sounds of classical piano with prog rock and dance pop in Black Holes but as for his lyric writing it's really all about what crazy thing is going on in his head at the time, so it's not like you can re-create it but still that whole apocalypse thing can help you out.

Hope that helped

Open Agnostic......goof

He is interested in conspiracy theory's, hating corrupt politicians and policies and wondering whats out there....also love
thanks. Anyone know what theories and doomsday looking and cospiracies to look for to inspire myslef to write like him?
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
are you talking lyrically or musically?

my advice would be to get into the great songwriters. lennon, dylan, newman etc. and take it from there. it's pretty obvious that matt writes songs entirely around vocal melody, bar an occasional instrumental hook that they write around as a band. look for a beautiful melody. catch one and you can't go wrong.
Quote by guitarheroII
thanks. Anyone know what theories and doomsday looking and cospiracies to look for to inspire myslef to write like him?

Are you trying to be Matt Bellamy? Kinda not cool man. I understand writing about similar topics, but don't copy the guy exactly. If it helps, I'm pretty sure Bellamy writes his music and lyrics about things he cares about, not what his favorite singers and songwriters cared about.