Hey UG

looking to buy a set of stomp boxes.. (becausei hear multiFX pedals are naff, and wouldnt use all the effects anyway)

i play classic rock/ heavy rock so i would like to get these effects...

Distortion
Delay
Reverb

(probably a few others maybe cant think off the top of my head, if theres any other effects that you recommend for rock style please post, i play GnR, AC/DC, bon jovi that type of stuff and i love that type of sounf so.. any ideas post.. getting this stuff for christmas so =])

i am also buying a wahwah pedal.. either Ibanez Weeping Demon or Budda Budwah (i know budwah is better just depends on the money)

budget wise depends.. im not sure how much stomp boxes cost, but if you could get for around.. £50 - £60 ($70 - $90 for the peeps across the pond- i think) each would be cool.. i kno wahwah is about £80 for ibanez and £120 for budwah =] spending rest of money (£200 - £250)(£350 - $400) upgrading my amp

thx UG!
:::Gear:::

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Aria Acoustic (idk what make)
I would put all that money into an amp and then maybe pick up a delay. If the amp doesn't have reverb you can use the delay for one temporarily until you can afford a pedal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
the thing is.. i wonna be able to turn these effects on and off.. atm i have a cube 30.. but i keep on having to turn a nob now and then to get the effect i want..

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
Ok, but most amps have 2 channels, one for clean and one for distortion, so you're set there. Many amps have reverb, you're set there, and then a delay would be all you need. Most amps too have a footswitch that will switch channels and many times turn the reverb on and off.

It's pointless to spread your money out and get a bunch of mediocre gear, when you could get a nice amp (the most important part) and then maybe get a few effects later.
ive got a footswitch.. but what i mean is..

for instance.. say im playing a song and i want delay and distortion.. for the intro.. then when the verse kicks in and i want to turn off delay but keep distortion.. i dont wonna keep goin up to my amp and turning it off.. if you get my point...

not necessarily clean to drive or w/e

Ibanez JS100
Marshall MGDFX Halfstack
Roland Cube 30
Line6 X3 Live
There's a footswitch that turns effects on and off for the 'Cube. You won't wanna hear this, but put all your money towards a good amp now, then pick up pedals later. It's easier to save for pedals then it is for another amp.
Quote by smlyriz
ive got a footswitch.. but what i mean is..

for instance.. say im playing a song and i want delay and distortion.. for the intro.. then when the verse kicks in and i want to turn off delay but keep distortion.. i dont wonna keep goin up to my amp and turning it off.. if you get my point...

not necessarily clean to drive or w/e

Ok, then get an amp and a delay pedal, no since and buying a bunch of mediocre gear and running it in front of a mediocre amp.
I love my Electro-Harmonix #1 Echo digital delay. The only thing is that you need a power supply because it doesn't use batteries, but the standard 9v ought to do it (I don't remember the specific voltage off hand).
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Kevin Saale
Ok, then get an amp and a delay pedal, no since and buying a bunch of mediocre gear and running it in front of a mediocre amp.

This.

Switching from my Cube 30 to my Palomino was quite a change, but it was well worth it. I sacrificed having hordes of effects for awhile to have a much better tone.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
holy grail
DD-3/EHX #1 echo
TS9/crunchbox/OCD

if youre not gigging, look at a Laney VC-15 or a sound city SC-20. if you are gigging, save for a bigger version of them
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.